simpo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car :Honda accord
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

I am looking at getting a 2.4 auto and was wondering what sort of mpg people are getting out of it

#2 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,744 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car :2003 Accord CM2
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

From what I've heard the 2.4 auto is pretty thirsty. Expect high teens, low twenties round town, high twenties on motorway.

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#3 raffy

raffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Name:David Tweddell
  • Car :2006 2.4l Exec Auto
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi, I;ve got a 2.4 auto saloon (MY2006)with 80k...around town with the odd burst on the motorway the average is 30mpg..on a longer decent motorway cruise I can get it well into the 40's...not so bad given the performance and size...the wife uses it for her day to day running about and 30 mile commute 3 days a week and she'll get approx. 350 - 400 miles out of a tank... I used to have a manual CRV that was worse...

#4 Remedi

Remedi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Name:Oli
  • Car :Accord 2.2 Executive
  • LocationSussex

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

Does the auto still have six gears?

Interested to know if anybody here uses a 7th gen 2.4 Accord for long commutes?  I'm looking to switch from my 2.2 diesel to either a 7th gen 2.0 or 2.4 Type S or Executive manual box.

Just wondering which one would be more economical driven lightly.  The 2.0 with the 5 speed box or the 2.4 with the 6 speed ?

2007 Honda Accord I-CTDi Executive "Diesel-R" project I My photography - http://www.remediphotomedia.com/

#5 Ned

Ned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Name:Ned
  • Car :05 Accord estate
  • LocationEssex

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:07 PM

Does the auto still have six gears?

According to google search - NO the 7th gen has 5

#6 Bongobiker

Bongobiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car :Accord Tourer 2.4
  • LocationKent

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

I've had the 2.0 manual and 2.4 Auto tourers. The 2.0 would always do over 400 miles to a tank no matter how you drove it, the 2.4 only does about 320 driven sensibly, less than 300 if driven hard.

I found the 2.0 just as fast as the 2.4, I just hate manual gearboxes. :)