What's new

2.4 auto mpg

simpo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
I am looking at getting a 2.4 auto and was wondering what sort of mpg people are getting out of it

From what I've heard the 2.4 auto is pretty thirsty. Expect high teens, low twenties round town, high twenties on motorway.

Hi, I;ve got a 2.4 auto saloon (MY2006)with 80k...around town with the odd burst on the motorway the average is 30mpg..on a longer decent motorway cruise I can get it well into the 40's...not so bad given the performance and size...the wife uses it for her day to day running about and 30 mile commute 3 days a week and she'll get approx. 350 - 400 miles out of a tank... I used to have a manual CRV that was worse...

Does the auto still have six gears?

Interested to know if anybody here uses a 7th gen 2.4 Accord for long commutes? I'm looking to switch from my 2.2 diesel to either a 7th gen 2.0 or 2.4 Type S or Executive manual box.

Just wondering which one would be more economical driven lightly. The 2.0 with the 5 speed box or the 2.4 with the 6 speed ?

I've had the 2.0 manual and 2.4 Auto tourers. The 2.0 would always do over 400 miles to a tank no matter how you drove it, the 2.4 only does about 320 driven sensibly, less than 300 if driven hard.

I found the 2.0 just as fast as the 2.4, I just hate manual gearboxes. :)

simpo said:
I am looking at getting a 2.4 auto and was wondering what sort of mpg people are getting out of it
I have gotten 36mpg in a run from my 2.4 Auto Tourer. 20-30mpg in town. My AC is on all the time. MPG depends on a lot of things including maintenance. I don't think ppl buy 2.4s for their economy...

ScoobyDoo said:
I have gotten 36mpg in a run from my 2.4 Auto Tourer. 20-30mpg in town. My AC is on all the time. MPG depends on a lot of things including maintenance. I don't think ppl buy 2.4s for their economy...
I have the 2.4 manual tourer so I ain’t worried about economy. I have just brought a 2.4 odessey so was just wondering how much worse on fuel the autobox is than the manual