What's new

These cheap elm readers

smokingman said:
Ive got one and it seems OK, only seems to read the basic data from the ECU, but I think that's down to the ECU and Torque app i'm using. Mine is a 2009 Mk8 iDtec. Mine is this but blu tooth https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scanner-Gemwon-Adapter-Diagnostic-Wifi-Black/dp/B0721DC46Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511358288&sr=8-4&keywords=elm+reader John
Got it but it does not work, has "lost" my lumia's ability to upload blue tooth as well, have started a return to sender on ebay.

edgeoftime said:
Got it but it does not work, has "lost" my lumia's ability to upload blue tooth as well, have started a return to sender on ebay.
What issues where you having ?

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Stoobsy said:
I just ordered this one because my neighbour has that one from that place and it definitely works on my car
https://www.gearbest.com/car-gadgets/pp_130571.html?utm_source=email_sys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=shipping

Its blutooth and so only works with Android device. If you have a Apple thing then he says you need wifi.
I've now got my own and it works great with the free Torque app on either my Android HUDL2 tablet or my Medion smartphone.

It's only £3 with free delivery, so why not take a punt?

Stoobsy said:
I've now got my own and it works great with the free Torque app on either my Android HUDL2 tablet or my Medion smartphone.

It's only £3 with free delivery, so why not take a punt?
I ordered one of those it was to be sent from China, never got here, the seller returned my money. Is this one based in the UK?

edgeoftime said:
I ordered one of those it was to be sent from China, never got here, the seller returned my money. Is this one based in the UK?
No, it came from the US, took about 10 days.

Does work OK though, at least on my 2005 diesel Accord. Which surprised me a little, seeing as how it was only £2.60 when I bought it!

Received another elm downloaded "Torque" onto the phone, put the ELM into the slot phone to blue tooth, switch ignition on, go "pair" no joy, the elm is not talking to the phone, am I doing something wrong, I have Honda OBD11 UP ON SCREEN, but will not connect. there is an option for Acura OBD11 Would this option work? or should I just bin the device??

Your phone is Android? I had no trouble pairing mine (it was actually a lot easier than pairing my hands-free kit).

Maybe your phone is not set correctly? Can you try the ELM327 interface with a different Android device?

I would try that Acura OBD2 option first though.

Stoobsy said:
Your phone is Android? I had no trouble pairing mine (it was actually a lot easier than pairing my hands-free kit).

Maybe your phone is not set correctly? Can you try the ELM327 interface with a different Android device?

I would try that Acura OBD2 option first though.
Got it going thanks, just took a little while, got there in the end.