What's new

Exhaust repair result

anparkinson

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord 2.0
My 2.0 petrol Tourer has its original exhaust which is still in pretty good condition, except for a short section under the passendger seat where it has a hanger bracket.

The bracket weld had a hole near it which was blowing.

I took the car to ATS Euromaster who quoted about £9000 for a complete new system including cat as, according to them, all the bolts holding the cat on were too rusty to undo.

I then took the car to classiccustomexhausts.co.uk in Hastings. They cut the bad section out, fabricated a new sleeved section, welded the original bracket on it and welded it all together. Cost - £30.

They said they would make a complete new stainless system from the fanimold back using my cat for £450 if I need it.

anparkinson said:
My 2.0 petrol Tourer has its original exhaust which is still in pretty good condition, except for a short section under the passendger seat where it has a hanger bracket.

The bracket weld had a hole near it which was blowing.

I took the car to ATS Euromaster who quoted about £9000 for a complete new system including cat as, according to them, all the bolts holding the cat on were too rusty to undo.

I then took the car to classiccustomexhausts.co.uk in Hastings. They cut the bad section out, fabricated a new sleeved section, welded the original bracket on it and welded it all together. Cost - £30.

They said they would make a complete new stainless system from the fanimold back using my cat for £450 if I need it.
Mate, they did my Exhaust :D . Nice guys in there. No nonsense. Exactly this, patch repaired my original to get it through MOT and then a few months later went back and had a full cat back stainless system made up for £450. Highly recommend them.