What's new

Tourer rear screen washer jet

Howslo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Ex 2.0i-vtec
My rear screen wash stopped working a few months back. Now we're almost in winter and there's salt on the road, it's becoming more of an issue with road dirt being sucked up onto the screen.

The pump can be heard working, and if you persist screen wash fluid seeps through the head lining on the right hand side above the luggage compartment side window, so clearly the issue is somewhere between there and the jet.

My initial thinking is that with the jet positioned as it is and the amount of road dirt that gets under there, it is possibly just a small piece of grit blocking it.

My fear is that the pipe could be split, hence the fluid seeping out where it does. The jet seems to be part of the high-level brake lamp unit, which itself is part of the spoiler.

I checked the owner's manual to find out how to change the bulb on the basis access to the washer would be the same way, only to find it says the high level brake lamp has to be replaced by a Honda dealer! Very helpful...

I'm reluctant to try to clear the jet with a pin, for one thing it looks too small for a pin, for another I'm not sure pushing a foreign object further in would necessarily do any good!

For the record, I use good quality screen wash made up with filtered water, so gunge / limescale are hopefully not an issue. The widscreen and headlamp washer also function as advertised.

Can anyone help?

High Mount Brake Light Replacement

Remove the cover (A), then remove the two screws from the high mount brake light (B).

BAC

Disconnect the 1P connectors (C) from the high mount brake light.

After installing the taillight, run water over the taillight make sure it does not leak.
SORRY NO DIAGRAM BUT THE COVER FLIPS OFF WITH A SMALL SCREW DRIVER AND taped end to prevent scratching.

iirc you can then remove the jet 10mm spanner, remove the rubber pipe and check for flow, if yes, then the jet needs a clean out, I did mine with hot water and a fine needle.