What's new

Alarm system not working

mdrab

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 2.2
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hello,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Just new to this forum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]My car was working fine for 3 months then my key fob stopped working when I went to lock it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So I changed the battery in the key. Then it working straight away to unlock the car got in went home from work and locked the car as normal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The next day went out to unlock the car and it stopped working again, So I unlocked it manually on the drivers door then the hazards started flashing like mad but the horn wasn’t going off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So I found out you do that unlock lock thing with the key in the driver's door which turned it off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And then my key fob would work sometimes and stop again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Now it just doesn't work at all however the boot button will work everytime.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And I need to leave the car unlocked all the time. As it is a right pain to turn the alarm off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have reprogrammed the key to the car a number of times. Bought a new key and done the same thing but the car will still not unlock or lock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have checked that all doors are closed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Done the disconnect battery and back on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I really don’t know what else to do?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Help please?[/SIZE]

It could be the internal alarm battery is dying, I had mine go off last night at 3am.
The procedure afaik is to fully charge the car battery. Then lock the car using the fob, the indicators will flash rapidly indicating the alarm system and car are synchronising. wait 15 seconds. Then unlock.
If this fails the small Nimh rechargeable in the actual alarm unit is probably weak or dead. The only solution in this case is replacement.
I'll work on mine in the meantime and see what else I find out.

Could also be micu as well

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk