What's new

My Euro R Build Thread

J1 Euro R

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7
Wanted a CL7 for a while as this is the only 5 seater Type R (growing family). Imported from Japan via Torque GT. Was generally happy with the service with the exception of one wind deflector missing and speed limiter not removed. Now to start tuning.

Now i am used to the car, was time to start thinking of tuning. ECU wise researched and only saw 2 options. Stand alone or Hondata, Harness and dual ECU. I chose the second option and had my pants pulled down to the tune of 1700 notes ouch.

Picked up the car from CPL Racing after having hondata, EP3 ecu and dual harness installed. Guy said the power was underwheliming and ***umed a block in air filter or catalytic. No before dyno however made 200.6hp with just hondata fitted. Not to bad. Car feels more responsive. Spoke breifly about tuning route. With the NA route it would be cheaper to supercharge the car and would make a quoted 350bhp. This is where i currently am with the car.

If interested a friend have some parts for sale right now for the K20.
Hondata K-PRO
Exhaust manifold JDM DC5

Poslano z mojega ASUS_Z016S z uporabo Tapatalk

Now which route? My NA route would be; CAI, Skunk2 74mm TB. RBC inlet mani ported and polished. Spoon headgasket. Full exhaust with decat and 4 2 1 mani. 5.1 final gear tune and call it a day. My FI Route; CAI, 74mm TB, CPL Supercharger, Fuel pump, rail and injectors. Exhaust with decat and 4 2 1 mani. Uprated clutch and brakes. Need the car daily drive however want more power. OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS. Let me know cheers.

Jan Accord said:
If interested a friend have some parts for sale right now for the K20.
Hondata K-PRO
Exhaust manifold JDM DC5
Hi mate already got KPRO and my mani is the same as a DC5 thanks anyway. Looking for a CAI or aftermarket mani

Sory bud.
You posted when i was writing.
I can ask around here to see if someone have some other parts.

Jan Accord said:
Sory bud.
You posted when i was writing.
I can ask around here to see if someone have some other parts.
That would be kl thanks.

Hi UKCL9 na would be 250bhp? The car is 200.6bhp so i would hope the supercharger does better than that. Its a custom made one also. I have hondata running already. Was thinking 5.1FD but if i supercharge it its not really necessary?

How realible is running boost on stock internals? I know it's a solid engine, but just wondering.
Already seen up to 300hp setups but never heard about life span of such engine

I agree about life span was speaking to tuner whom ran his set up for 2-3 years. UKCL9 just because you know a bit dont think you can flex on me. I have owned 13 hondas so to say i dont know what im talking about is harsh. If you got nothing nice or helpful to say then do one. Plug you wears else wear.

Further more if you read what i had written its a custom supercharger not JRSC or rotrex. The person fabricating it has more credentials then you and trophies on there wall. Again if you read what i written it states i have hondata so i dont need your dodgy flash.

Uncle_Gravy said:
I thought the Euro R is suppose to produce around 220bhp stock?
225hp on the crankshaft. Bhp and hp are two different things.
HP- horse power
BHP- brake horse power

So he dyno'd 200bhp to the wheels then?

From a google, bhp to hp and vice versa is very little in it.

BHP are measured on the hubs/wheels , HP are measured on the crankshaft

So my question is then, Is he making 200 to the wheels or to the crank? He mentions both 200.6bhp and 200.6hp, He's either making good power to the wheels or losing 20 to the crank?

i'm not having a dig or anything, I love the Euro R, would love to have one, Figures seem weird considering he's had a tune.

Hi you are right it should be 220bhp. Tuner was saying he thinks there is a blockage in the intake or the exhaust system hence the low number the dyno shows its 200.06hp. Also being its 14yrs old its bound to lose some power. All i have done thus far is put hondata on the car. Next will be induction and full exhaust with decat so should be better once done.

That output seems a bit strange.
From what i know Hondas are not known for loosin power trough years.
We tested many cars over here with good results and even after 300.000km they keep their power quite well.
Keep us posted bud

Been thinking recently i might sell my euro r... stands me in around 10k. Open to offers around the 9k mark. Can provide further information to anyone interested.