What's new

Rear Camera Lens

Petercarman

Members
Reaction score
Car
idtec tourer manual
Hi All,

Has anybody found away to keep the rear camera lens clear of road dirt on a Tourer, as its just about useless in this type of weather?

Pete.

Only by wiping my finger across it every time I open the boot. Usually it's still not much use by the time I arrive at my destination when the weather's bad :-(

As Matt said or you could try rain ex

Forget it use your mirrors! absolutely useless bit of kit on a tourer. Also the "dipping" nearside door mirror? what's all that about. I leave mine non dipped that way I can "see" all along the nearside, if anyone is laying down behind me they may get flattened. LOL

Good stuff Pete
I no rain ex is good for repelling water and adds a coating so might be good for this.
Iv got a bottle in the shed so will try myself but a saloon don’t chuck so much road grim as a tourer.

Dipping nearside mirror is handy when parking next to a curb etc saves scuffing the alloys, just wish the off side had the same.

As well as being useless in bad weather, the rear view camera is also useless when reversing to hitch up to a caravan or trailer. The camera is positioned so it does not show the tow ball, so ***istance is required to hitch up. Unfortunately you don't discover this until a tow bar is fitted.

I wonder if it could e adjusted to suit individual needs? My mate has 2017 civic, his camera shows fixed line markers and gives a better indication as to where you really are. My one as I have stated is useless so I rely on my mark one eyeball and the mirrors.