What's new

Oh no my poor Tourer Type-S

MarkCW

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2.4 Type-S
Driving home from work last night on the A406, I was stationary in traffic when I got rear-ended by someone in an F****** Audi, the force was sufficient to push me into the car in front.

I was able to drive the car from the accident, but headlamps smashed (bulbs still light), bonnet pushed up and front bumper all out of alignment and scratched.
As for the rear, boot lid pushed in and not able to open on electrics, manual handle is missing I'll have to try climbing inside and releasing it to get some stuff out.

Driver in front has backed up my story and is blaming Mr Audi for their damage, so as it stands I have a no fault claim ongoing and a hire car turning up today.

I'm guessing the insurance will write her off as BER and offer me **** all on book value: I reckon she was worth between £800 to £1200?

I'm gutted, but then again have had six great years out of this car covering almost 60000 miles and apart from the rear brakes seizing: faultless.

It's likely we would have parted company this year anyway because there were some advisories that needed dealing with before the June MOT including:
  • Chipped (now cracked) windscreen,
  • Front Suspension Control Arms bushings starting to split (car felt a bit looser on steering, may not have failed next MOT, but needed doing),
  • Rear exhaust boxes holed and repaired with baked bean can patches (a family tradition from up t'North) and rear exhaust T-piece repair welded twice now
Not to mention the full service about to come due next month, which would have required new brake discs/pads on all four wheels.
Oh, and the clutch bearing whines like ******y in cold damp weather and she's never had a new clutch, so that was becoming a worry.
Then tax, insurance and parking permit (based on emissions so for me £160/year) all due March, so another swift grand there.

All in all then, a significant wedge of cash about to be parted with, so I was steeling myself to trade her in for something smaller and a bit less thirsty (28mpg/avg), but it was always going to be a sad day.

I still haven't decided whether to sell her on for spares, I'll let you all know what the Engineer says next week.

Best of luck to all you remaining Tourer owners, take care out there :)

Mark.

Sorry to hear that. But looks like this could turn out like cloud with silver lining at the end [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk