What's new

Oil leak and Oily around turbo boost pipe

ironryon

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th Gen Accord
Hi everyone

Would really appreciate a bit of advice on an oil leak i've come across...

I've noticed a spray/dots of oil over the top of my engine bay mainly N/S to central.
I checked the dip stick and engine cap. Both are not leaking any oil.
I then noticed that its pretty oily around the boost pipe in the near side of the engine bay. I'd changed a side light a while ago on that side and thought it was quite oily down there but I got distracted and didnt do anything about it.
So I asked a mechanic close by what it might be - he had a look and said it will be turbo seals and/or damaged intercooler.

The car drives ok, pulls fine and only shows smokes out the back when I accelerate which to me is pretty normal for my car.

FYI The car's actually been made a total loss thanks to some plonker driving into the back of me and damaging the bumper and rear quarter. I have to make a decision on whether to keep the car or not. After having a new clutch and flywheel a few months ago I wanted to keep it but if I need a new turbo it might be time to say goodbye ... :(

Cheers

Jamie

I had a bit of advice today to say its likely the intercooler is damaged and/or a pipe leaking the oil out.
As the car is driving fine and no smoke he thinks its unlikely to be the turbo....

ironryon said:
I had a bit of advice today to say its likely the intercooler is damaged and/or a pipe leaking the oil out.
As the car is driving fine and no smoke he thinks its unlikely to be the turbo....
hi I would look at your power steering pipes. Firstly one runs under the radiator and that gets all the weather on it and corrodes and secondly there is a pipe runs from the pump across the top near to the alternator belt. Halfway back it goes into a flexible pipe and though a bracket that holds it in place mine started to leak under that protection as the rubber of the pipe breaks down and starts to leak particularly in fulllock. Hope this is helpfull

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk