What's new

Warm Start Issue

strockus

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4l Executive
Hi Guys. So just recently started having a problem with my accord starting when the engine is warm. The ignition works and everything but does not even think about turning over and absolutely nothing happens. At first I thought it might have been the immobiliser playing up but after taking the key out, locking and unlocking my car nothing changed. Tried starting the car and the same thing. Tried it a few times and very very slowly the engine turned over. Had the very slow start problem with a warm engine for a while now but never really thought much about it. Had my starter changed a few months ago so maybe thinking it's the new starter that's not working properly, however, it would not explain that the warm start issue got even worse. Any help with be appreciated!

Thats strange.
Did you check the battery? I know it's a stupid question because it would cause this problem even when cold but anyway.
Ground cables?
Bad contacts on the battery main fuse?

Poslano z mojega ASUS_Z016S z uporabo Tapatalk

Jan Accord said:
Thats strange.
Did you check the battery? I know it's a stupid question because it would cause this problem even when cold but anyway.
Ground cables?
Bad contacts on the battery main fuse?

Yeah I thought it was strange as well! I got the battery changed after the starter hoping that it would remove the warm start issue but it does not seem to be the case. I'm not good with electrics so not really sure about the ground cables. If you mean the fuses that connect to the battery then they should be fine because otherwise the battery would not function properly? Just guesswork from me at the moment... :/

This kind of problems could be tricky to resolve. I hope that some electrical guy will answer to your question.
The funny part of the problem is that only warm causes you problems.
Sory bud but my knowledge about electrics stuff is poor so i can't help you on that one.

Jan Accord said:
This kind of problems could be tricky to resolve. I hope that some electrical guy will answer to your question.
The funny part of the problem is that only warm causes you problems.
Sory bud but my knowledge about electrics stuff is poor so i can't help you on that one.

It's ok mate! Thanks for your input though. Highly appreciate it!