What's new

Battery losing charge

Biggles

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX
I hope someone can help with my problem, 2006 Accord 2.2 Diesel Exec Tourer.
When leaving my car unused for a couple of days the battery is well drained down & won't start sometimes. The alternator is charging fine, Battery is only a year old so no trouble there. I tested for a drain on the battery by using a 3w bulb wired between the battery post and the battery cable (disconnected). The light bulb was lit which shows current being used, I then removed each fuse from the interior fusebox in turn until the bulb went out. It went out when fuse No. 7 was removed, according to the handbook this fuse is for back up, ( I ***ume that means reverse lights). The reverse light is working fine, I disconnected the bulb but still had leak off.Has anybody got any idea what could be using current on this circuit? I don't know if it's related but the HFT and the power socket in the centre consul stopped working some time ago, also I fitted a reverse camera years ago, that's working fine. I also checked for leak off with the HFT module disconnected and that made no difference. Any help welcomed..

Had a very similar issue just last few weeks. Disconnected the Bluetooth module and not had a problem since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had battery issues after fitting parrot. Lots of battery issues have been affected by Bluetooth modules. Saying that tho, if you don't have a Bluetooth fitted, you'd be back to square one!

I realize now that fuse 7 named as "back up" does not mean reverse lights lol. I did disconnect the bluetooth module behind the panel where the hazard light switch is but there was still a drain on the battery. Tomorrow I will leave fuse 7 out and see what doesn't work

I’ve been trying with mine for five years. I always carry a spare battery. I find it’s not quite as bad if I turn the air con off. It has had 3 alternator and 3 batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisv said:
I’ve been trying with mine for five years. I always carry a spare battery. I find it’s not quite as bad if I turn the air con off. It has had 3 alternator and 3 batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here, though I also carry a small set of jump leads, saving swopping over the ******* thing whenever it wants to play silly buggers.

You need to do load test with meter

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk