What's new

2007 plate honda 2.2i-cdti

foleyaxle

Members
Reaction score
Car
ford focus
Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a 2007 honda 2.2 with 139k on the clock, looks really good in black with leather seats etc will be my first honda if i buy it, but i'm concerned as i've been reading about timing chains snapping and have also seen a few on ebay with chains broken.

should i be concerned ?

can it be changed if needed and how much would it cost.

thanks.

cant talk for the car you are looking at, however months ago i bought a 2005 accord 2.2 cdti with 178,000 on clock. mine had ful service history, and its perfect. no concerning noises, and no known major problems. air con wont gas, just requires new pump. these are and can be very good and reliable cars.

Fair enough this one is a cat c and has no history because of the repaired damage, looks really good though and the dealer says it drives beautifully, but i feel it's a risk personally.

any pointers what to look for i have had a speculative quote for a cam chain service at £300 should i need one.

Every used car is a risk but if you go with the Accord then this site is a fantastic resource for any problems you may have.

£300 sounds a bit light as to do the job properly then it's a major engine strip as there are two chains to replace.