What's new

Advice buying my new cdti

elmo298

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2cdti
Hi all,

First to introduce myself! I'm a previous accord owner having owned the 6th gen type r which I loved. I'm now returning back to wanting an accord and fell in love with the 7th gen cdti's. I've found one close by for £3350 which includes a service with genuine parts, a new clutch and dmf and fix the sat nav as it's old disk with newer software. The car is black executive with 97k on clock, FSH every year and all electrics are fine and I couldn't tell if the manifold had been done, although the car comes with a warranty. Is this a good price you think? they seem to be quite cheap so this is on the higher end but my only other concern which is playing on mind was engine was warm when we arrived, although with the current weather Idk. I'm not a mechanically minded man so I get paranoid with new cars as I've been screwed over a couple of times badly.

Thanks guys, look forward to rejoining you soon!

Matt said:
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/24349-advice-needed-please/?p=252891

How old is the car? I'd expect it to be a very late (or very, very good) 7th Gen for that money.
It's the Facelift model registered late 2006. Aside from the clutch/DMF I would consider it in a good state, excellent body work. FSH (not honda), aside from tyre treads 3 years ago, and windscreen wiper 5 years ago it's never failed an MOT. Had the bushes done 2 years ago also. I'm considering a clickmechanic inspection too just to be safe.

Sounds a lot of cash, unless you know the car and the owner, suggest you look at the for sale on here. there is a tourer for £1000.

For Sale 2.2 Diesel Tourer Stage 2 Remap
Started by f2raf, Jun 06 2017 09:52 AM

edgeoftime said:
Sounds a lot of cash, unless you know the car and the owner, suggest you look at the for sale on here. there is a tourer for £1000.

For Sale 2.2 Diesel Tourer Stage 2 Remap
Started by f2raf, Jun 06 2017 09:52 AM
Thanks for the promo John, Yes this is my Tourer, less than a third of the price, owned over 4 yrs now, well looked after, apart from the scratches it has inherited, you will get an honest description from me.
I think ive priced mine appropriately given the one minor problem with mine for the last year is the drip on the PS fluid reservoir, i top it up once a week or once a fortnight, its been in the garage a couple times, but they havent managed to locate the leak yet. I will try and get it sorted. I listed it on gumtree few months ago and the phone was crazy but I wasnt ready to sell then tbh because I didnt have my next car, I do have it now though. I love this car because, my wife has a new contract hire car and we are forever watching for marks and scratches which we will be liable for, with something this old, even though I hate scratches, its not the end of the world. My new job is going to involve visiting clients in thier home, so my car is not appropriate for sales role really. its unfortunate or I would have just kept it. the drivers side heated seat stopped working, because stupidly I fiddled with the radio, sticking a usb thing in the back, when i put it together the one bulb went out on the switch, replaced all the bulbs from Maplin, they light up but the seat doesnt heat, passengers seat does heat up. The interior in mine is actually in good shape, apart from a hole in the drivers seat bolster, if you have any questions just ask, oh also it has the benefit of a stage 2 remap by Fahad, and do check my original listing i had quiet some work done to it...if it snot for you good luck in your search.