What's new

CU2 whistle sound

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
Hi all,

Not sure if this is an issue or simply just part of the car, when accelerating or just revving in neutral there's a very clear whistling sound, as if there's a turbo on the K24, Is this normal on the car?

Just wondering since our CL7 K20 doesn't make any type of whistling/turbo like noises when accelerating.

Cheers.

Sounds like the very common gearbox wine.
My car does this now and again if your on a slight incline and Rev very lightly on the throttle.
When was the gearbox fluids last change as I do mine every couple of years.

brett said:
Sounds like the very common gearbox wine.
My car does this now and again if your on a slight incline and Rev very lightly on the throttle.
When was the gearbox fluids last change as I do mine every couple of years.
Only had the car for 2 weeks so not too sure, only had a quick scan of the FHSH that came with it, i'll check when I get home.

It doesn't sound like a whine, it's sounds like a very convincing turbo whistle doesn't matter if I have the clutch disengaged and just reving or accelerating lightly/moderately/heavily it's there regardless of the situation, it doesn't bother the operation of the car, it pulls very strong, car is smooth with every gear change (Bar the annoying rev hang/lag), just seems weird that it's there.

I'll see if i can get a vid of it tonight since it can be heard from outside quite clearly.

Chain noise maybe? Dunno about the petrol but my diesel has a distinctive noise for a diesel which I think is the timing chain.

It worried me at first but I've noticed most diesel accords make the same sound. I know they revised the 8th gen chain because the 7th gen ones were quite weak. It hasn't got any louder in 65,000 miles though (at 140k now)

Ok did a small sound clip while on my lunch break

First 15 seconds is with my feet off the pedals in neutral, then 16 seconds you can hear the creak of the clutch being pushed in still in neutral.

https://youtu.be/0QvAf5lVXqY

Def not the gearbox.
Will check mine later but Iv got a full ram induction kit so might be hard.
TBH that just sounds like a good air flow from your air filter.
I would check under the hood and get someone to rev the car.

Just checked and mine sounds the same.
Just good air flow I think

*phew* Haha, Wallet is saved for now.

Weather depending might give the Intake Resonator delete a go, With that whistling sound and decent sound dampening the engine certainly sounds quite muted.

Hi, my cl7 has that noise and its just the intake, its got a mugen carbon intake so probably a little more pronounced than most.

So I had my old man rev the car last week so I could have a listen under the bonnet, I'm very positive the noise is coming from the engine area possibly intake manifold.

I had my ear over the belts, had my ear over the airbox, but as I moved my ear closer to central of the engine the noise got louder, so not sure what to make, possibly the intake manifold making that whistling noise?

murphymech said:
Hi, my cl7 has that noise and its just the intake, its got a mugen carbon intake so probably a little more pronounced than most.
The weird this is, our old CL7 never made that noise.

I've had a whistling sound since buying the car over a year ago, think its normal but ready to be put right.