What's new

What is this worth?

markquinton

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex 2.0 i-vtec
Hi Al

Currently looking to sell my 2012 Passat and save some cash and I've always had Japanese cars before and fancy returning to the fold. I've had accords in the past but never the 2.4 I wanted.

Just stumbled upon this which looks great and very low miles but it's pricey. What do you think it's actually worth. I know accords hold their value and I suppose to the right customer it's worth it.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803114471743?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=nr103sa&model=ACCORD&page=1&radius=70&make=HONDA&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mark

It's got rare facelift bodykit (A-Spec?) and low miles so looks a good one to buy visually.

Yeah it does, just seems a lot for the age of the car and you'd only be able to sell it on again later at a decent price to an enthusiast but it's just a sign of how well they hold their value.

Cheers. My gut feeling was that I'd of possibly gone for it if it was under 3.5k as it is low mileage and a what looks to be a nice example. It doesn't seem unusual for dealers to put a high price on the last gen 7's if they have low mileage.

Stoobsy said:
Massively overpriced for an 11 year old car! About double what it's worth.
I don't think its possible to find one for £2500 with that mileage. Trouble is the earliest 7th gen is now 15 years old and finding a decent one is becoming a challenge as most are tired now.

How can we be sure that this one isn't a bit 'tired'?

In any case, why pay a premium for an example of what is now a very old model of car? Newer, better cars are available far cheaper.