What's new

CTR FK2 as daily after CU2...advice needed

djtopa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Cheers.I'm looking to go back to Type R someday (had a DC2 & EP3) but my only concern is ride "comfort" & noise or to say better can I live with it every day (all reviews say its boomy and harsh) haha I sold my DC2 just becouse of noises not much because of ride...

So if any of you has one or driven one for some time can tell me is ride in normal mode so hard(R+ I dont even want to use on road)?Comapered to CL9 with A-spec 18 wheels (my previous car and that was a little hars in town) and CU2 Type S with 18 wheels (to me perfect suspension for daily in Croatia a lot softer then A-spec CL9 but handles better)...
Or compared to mini car like my girfriends Toyota Yaris 1.4D4d 2009 stock 15 wheels. (that one is bumpy as hell)

Problem is that in my country there are only few FK2's so its hard to have a test drive LOL

Thanks!

Everyday driving in the FK2 is not so good if you are driving on harsh roads. Fine for smooth motorways, but if you want the comfort on bumpy roads, then I don't think this is the one to buy.

It's way better in the new one because it has "comfort mode" which makes it ride like a normal civic and handles bumps much better.

Thanks man.Saw your reply today LOL...I have to test drive one just to know is it even coming close to what I think is OK comfort...new fk8 is so ugly to me I know its a better car way better rear suspension and comfort mode but design even more gearbox problems and expensive...until test drive of I just can hope fk2 is somewhere between awfuly harsh fn2 and cu2 type s which is spot on for my taste...

Btw I dont ask for comfort tbh a lot of my friends find my CU2 harsh but to me its perfect for roads where I live and thats on 235 45 18 tyres...