What's new

Shorter drive belt size?

Angry Ant

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hello,

As per my other post, I need to change the alternator and thought it a good time to put a shorter belt on to bypass the compressor with the whining pulley bearing. Thing is I can't find the info in the search for the right serpentine belt size for this. Can anybody give some advice?

Many Thanks!

You have only two options avaliable for this engine so you can't pick up the wrong one

I have a belt that bypasses the compressor and also the extra idler pulley. If this will be the same as what you need then I will get the length from it.

***uming you talking about the 2.2 diesel and ***uming the extra pulley has been removed then you need a PK1425 belt to bypass the AC compressor.

I had to change mine last week. New unit from ECP and belt. Pk 1784 was belt size. Took about 2 hours total time have to reroute the belt if removing idler pulley.

jon.moreby said:
I had to change mine last week. New unit from ECP and belt. Pk 1784 was belt size. Took about 2 hours total time have to reroute the belt if removing idler pulley.
Surely that's the length for a diesel???

I don't know what the he'll is going on. Thank you very much for your replies gentleman. I thought the idler pulley was the belt tensioner.

I'll just replace the alternator along with a standard belt and the A/C compressor can just tear itself to bits. Bigger fish to fry. Thanks again for all the input.

I would like to know this too, so please can anyone just give the length of belt needed to bypass the A/C compessor on the 2004 2.4 engine please