What's new

strange tail gate issue 2005 tourer

bxlyheathsupra

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi,
had my tourer for a few weeks and just found the car wont lock from the keyfob as the car see's the tailgate as being open.
I can open and close the tailgate via remote with no issues but the dash shows the tailgate as open when its closed. the boot lights are not on when its closed so its not like the boot is open and triggering like a normal door pin would.

ive had the boot apart and cant see any broken wires in the loom, and nothing looking out the ordinary, my suspicion is that the boot latch may be at fault and is showing an open circuit when the tailgate is closed, but I don't know how I can test that as I don't have the wiring diagram.

has anyone else had a similar issue?

I can lock the car by key.

The only time I had trouble like that with mine, it was because I'd opened the tailgate by hand and the handle had stuck in the open position.

try reset first disconnect battery or remove tailgate fuse for 10mins with open tailgate, reconnect switch ignition on and close, failing that easiest way to test sensors and latch would be hds, does the boot make any beeps ?

bxlyheathsupra said:
Was it physically stuck.. my handle seems ok unless the switch inside is stuck
Yes, mine was physically stuck in the open position. Had to free it off with PlusGas to sort it out. Although does still stick sometimes.

sticky handles are common from road grime, spray with de greaser, however hds will be easy way to check, where are you based ?

Yes it won't appear stuck easy way is to hds and test If you wanna drive to London I can test pm me if interested

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

bxlyheathsupra said:
so a few days after posting this and it fixed itself??
has been fine ever since?
Sounds like broken wires will re appear some point

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk