What's new

Clutch Pedal Switches

DJSR

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i CTDI
Hi All,

I've been getting check system message & glow plug light flashing on the car, which is a P1704 code - Clutch Pedal switches.

I know there are two switches and Honda want £70 for the pair ! (Swears loudly!!!)

I've been driving around no problem with the check system message & glow plug light flashing constantly, sometimes it goes off but it returns after a while.

Strangely enough, clutch changes can be a bit jumpy, especially when changing from 1st to 2nd gear, but car still pulls ok with the usual hesitation/lag (MIL).

I'm planning on changing the car at the end of the year as its nearing 200k miles, should i need to change these switches or will they last? It does make the drive around town a bit uncomfortable, but am i in danger if i leave the switches??

Cheers
Serg.

WoW not one reply.

Anyway, after the check engine light kept going on and off all the time, i finally got both switches replaced and the overall drive feels much better now and no hesitation in acceleration!

JUST in case someone wanted to know.........

Thanks for reply sorry missed your post can't believe no one replied glad all sorted now.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk