• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Name:Serg
  • Car :Accord 2.2i CTDI
  • LocationBarnet

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

Hi All,

I've been getting check system message & glow plug light flashing on the car, which is a P1704 code - Clutch Pedal switches.

I know there are two switches and Honda want £70 for the pair ! (Swears loudly!!!)

I've been driving around no problem with the check system message & glow plug light flashing constantly, sometimes it goes off but it returns after a while.

Strangely enough, clutch changes can be a bit jumpy, especially when changing from 1st to 2nd gear, but car still pulls ok with the usual hesitation/lag (MIL).

I'm planning on changing the car at the end of the year as its nearing 200k miles, should i need to change these switches or will they last? It does make the drive around town a bit uncomfortable, but am i in danger if i leave the switches??

Cheers

Serg.

Honda Accord 2.2i CTDI Saloon - 2008 Reg - Black Colour (What a Monster!)

#2 DJSR

DJSR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Name:Serg
  • Car :Accord 2.2i CTDI
  • LocationBarnet

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:16 AM

WoW not one reply.

Anyway, after the check engine light kept going on and off all the time, i finally got both switches replaced and the overall drive feels much better now and no hesitation in acceleration!

JUST in case someone wanted to know.........

Honda Accord 2.2i CTDI Saloon - 2008 Reg - Black Colour (What a Monster!)

#3 honda_saj

honda_saj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Name:sajeel
  • Car :honda accord
  • Locationlondon

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for reply sorry missed your post can't believe no one replied glad all sorted now.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

hope that helps post back and let us know so that others can benefit from the information

Regards,

saj