What's new

【URGENT】2007 Accord OEM HID upgrade

WuhanBilby

Reaction score
Car
Accord 07
Dear all,

I've got a 2007 Accord Saloon 2.0 i-VTEC with halogen headlight unit. Can I upgrade with OEM HID directly at the dealer or local garage? (NOT the aftermarket HID)

Many thanks guys! :)

Peter

No, you will also need level sensors that go in the rear suspension, headlight washers and all the ***ociated wiring etc.

Just stick a good quality hid kit in there, the difference isn't so great between factory hid and aftermarket on these cars, well it's not worth the hassle and cost if you want to do it properly.

My kid brother had a EuroR with factory HID and we also had a 7th gen diesel with aftermarket 35w HID running 6k bulbs. I'm not going to suggest they were identical, but putting them side by side if you didn't have a trained eye really you would think they're very similar.

F6HAD said:
Just stick a good quality hid kit in there, the difference isn't so great between factory hid and aftermarket on these cars, well it's not worth the hassle and cost if you want to do it properly.
Is't this an MOT failure now under the new 2018 rules?

"Some vehicles may be fitted with High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps. It is not permitted to convert existing halogen headlamp units for use with HID bulbs. If it is clear that such a conversion has been carried out, rather than replacing the entire unit with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs, the headlamp should be rejected. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...2018-draft.pdf

It always was a failure, although they're trying to make it more explicit in the guidelines.