What's new

Factory cd changer / radio .

Deliverance

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 I vtec
Hi all. The factory fitted single cd /radio in my 2004 2.0 vtec is not working well the cd isn't . So I bought a factory cd changer / radio removed the old one connected up the new one everything works as it should but the sound is very low you have to turn the volume up full just to slightly hear it ! The unit was definitely working when removed from the donor car it was out of a cdti . Any help with this would be appreciated cheers Chris .

So you fitted a premium sound system headunit to a non premium sound system car? If so, you've installed a headunit designed to work with the factory amp.

The amp is located in the centre console on the donor car. I expect you'll need the wiring loom and speakers.

Thanks for your reply , I thought it was a straight fit I usually do my homework beforehand but not in this case that will teach me .

Easy mistake
There is premium and non premium sound system one uses an amp and one has amp built in to unit

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Al3xandr3 said:
I have the same problem, did you solve yours?
. No mate because it needs the amp extra wiring and what not . But there is good news when moving the original unit around there was a rattling coming from the inside so I removed the top cover of the unit saw nothing then removed the plastic cover off the cd mechanism and to my surprise a two pence piece lodged in there , removed it clean up the lens while I was in there back together refitted turned on and put a cd in in and hang it played been in now for a few weeks plays fine happy days . Just left with the changer now ah well .