What's new

Prefacelift IMRC valve

nixon1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 cdti
Hi guys, anyone knows does facelift IMRC solenoid valve fit on prefacelift accord (diesel)

Nope.. pre facelift is all one unit. Facelift has a filter separately attached to the vacuum line. The whole setup for the intake and egr is different on pre and post facelift.

If you're having imrc issues I would suggest your intake is blocked. Changing the imrc might give you some temporary relief but the new part will eventually weaken and fail too.

Better off removing intake, thoroughly cleaning out, blanking egr off and remapping.

Thanks Faddy,
I'm getting p2004 & p2017 errors, i checked swirl valve and it's moving without problems so i presume best course of action will be to replace imrc solenoid, clean intake and blank EGR.

Don't waste money on a new imrc, I can test it first as part of tuning. No point wasting money on a part if it doesn't need replacing.

If you can get your hands on a hds or even a decent diagnostic system you should be able run the actuator functional test.

I can still provide a remote file only tuning solution if you wanted to go down that route.