What's new

Bilstein B12 with Xenon Lights

marculos2

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
Hi,

Thinking about getting another 2.4 7th Gen. I would like to upgrade the shocks and springs if I get one.

The B12 kit was lovely on my Mazda. On the Bilstein website it says they cant be used with Xenon lights due to the self levelling.

Does this apply to all 7th Gen with Xenons ?

Thanks

From what i know and searched out there gou can't find any coilovers which are compatible with xenon ( bracket for the heigjt sensor ) and thats the reason why i changed only the springs with h&r ones and i had to send the shock absorbers to a company which made a custom setup in the interior. The spec are 10% harder compression and 25% slower rebound.
The result are very good for performance/dynamic driving with a good driving quality.

Poslano z mojega ASUS_Z016S z uporabo Tapatalk

Get that bracket spot-welded!

Basically, measure the distance between the existing shock bracket and chassis point. Trial fit the new shock and determine where the bracket should sit. The take the existing shock and (carefully) remove the supporting bracket using a Dremmel. Grind away the paint of the new shock and weld the new bracket on. Not a straight swap but possible. You'll need to re-adjust the levelers post-installation.

Also, you shiny new (yellow) shocks will be less shiny, but paint them yellow again.

I've got a TEIN Street Basis Z in my CL9, and it came standard with the bracket for the height adjustment mechanism!