What's new

shockers handed or not ?

trolleyjack

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord D 2.2 Exec
Evening gents

Just a quickie are the front shock absorbers handed ? had a reply from a seller saying the shocks I had asked a price for would be suitable if they were NOT handed, and the headlamps where NOT xenon ?

As the headlamps take H1 bulbs I'm ***uming they are not, but as to the shocks no idea at all, the replacement shocks in question are KYB 341330, as I don't know if the existing shocks on the car have brake cable sensor etc connection posts on them, the replacement units in the picture don't show any if they do.

car is 2004 2.2 tourer diesel exec

As you can tell I haven't changed shocks before, so I'm a bit confused dot com about it all

P.S. out of curiosity what is the sellers reference to xenon headlamps in relation to ?

Cheers

T.J.

Xenon headlamps are linked to the shocks by a little arm to self level. The self levelling shocks will have a tab to allow the arm to mount to.
The shocks are not handed unless you have stock xenon headlights.

And your car won't have factory xenon lights anyway mate.

Thanks for the explanation re self leveling lights Bounder,

I was aware they were not xenon lights F6HAD as the dash has the adjustment wheel for the lights, the question arose solely due to the ( Lings , Cox Honda ) parts drawing that shows them on Honda replacements, for my year, spec, and reg.

Guess their part serves both types.

T.J.

The tab the self leveling arm connects to slides off so you can put it on a strut without one fitted.