What's new

Honda Accord MK7 2.4 - Massive misfire maladies

partha9797

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord MK7
Hi all, I'm having some major problems with my Honda Accord (2.4 iVTEC E - 190hp) one morning it wouldn't start and only started when your foot was mashed down on the accelerator pedal.

When it does run the engine misfires terribly and the whole engine shakes because of it (some white smoke out of the exhaust).

We took it to the garage and we suspected a timing issue so the front and rear camshaft sensors were replaced.

No change.

The spark plugs were replaced and then the engine oil level were checked; no change.

Then the fuel pump was changed, again no change.

My next port of call is to open the engine up and take a look at the timing chain, would this be the right thing to do?

Could it be anything else, open to any suggestions.

Any advice and guidance would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. I have the same car. Hope it not happends to mine. Let me know if you solwed the the problem

Sent fra min AGS-W09 via Tapatalk

I ***ume you've checked the coil packs? It is more common that the coil packs fail versus anything else.

Will do! They're usually rock solid reliable, think I just got a bad one
bisjå said:
Sorry to hear. I have the same car. Hope it not happends to mine. Let me know if you solwed the the problem

Sent fra min AGS-W09 via Tapatalk

jayok said:
I ***ume you've checked the coil packs? It is more common that the coil packs fail versus anything else.
I haven't but I'll get a new one in first thing next week and I'll post back, thanks for the suggestion!

They're expensive, about £112 each from Honda. I purchased a new one as I had a similar problem, (when a coil pack goes your engine warning light should come on though). I then got 4 from a car at a breakers £3 each which I keep in the boot for spares.

Sounds like timing chain has slipped

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk