What's new

7th Gen CD and SAT Nav replacement Android Option

bockersjb

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Exec
An interesting video popped up on my YouTube feed which was an instruction on how to replace the standard unit with a plug in Android 10 inch touch screen
The unit is not cheap, over £300
https://www.seicane.com/inch-android-hd-touch-screen-car-radio-for-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-honda-accord-7-gps-navigation-bluetooth-music-wifi-usb-mirror-link-head-unit-support-dvr-obd2-dual-air-conditioner-steering-wheel-control-backup-camera-s04156

It still has the AC and steering wheel functionality but adds a decent sat nav via android, with traffic management, and a whol host of more modern feathures such as DAB, Bluetooth etc.

Now I have seen past posts mentioning cheap Chinese units but this does look more substantial.

So is it worth it or is it just a cheap re-badged unit. On the video it looks impressive.

Views?

I agree it looks impressive. This is the first one I have seen that claims to work with the sat nav dash..

Not sure if it integrates with the top screen thingie though. Be a bummer if that just stayed dark.

My gut feeling is it'll just be a cosmetically updated version of the one that was floating around a few years ago. Problems with the older one were it not working with the air con on diesels (possibly even bricking the diesel's air con systems) and was generally cheap and nasty feeling, sat nav not supporting European maps as well. Furthermore the driver and passenger dials are the wrong way around as it's designed for left hand drive markets and there was some confusion over which side controlled which...

As outdated as the 7th gen dash setups are, I don't think there's a good quality solution out there for it, although I'd love to be proved wrong. Bit steep to take a punt on though, in my opinion...

Thanks. It's a lot of money to take a punt, too much. the fact that it is an android HU with a recent android build should mean Sat Nav and maps will be fine. You cold pick your own from the Google Play store and have updates applied automatically and add traffic and auto re-routing too.

The dials wont be an issue as for this unit those dials are for temperature settings rather than volume and tuning. I don't however like screen controls for volume, would rater hard buttons or dials, although the steering wheel controls should still work.

However I think I will opt for thsi solution as i already have a line in fitted.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BTNT8YB/?coliid=I26AEGCU3FRIV2&colid=2P5JM0MQ5VDUO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
this would give me DAB radio and a better MP3 interface with track info etc.

These Chinese units get bad reviews, as they apparently go faulty very quickly which seems like such a shame because they provide a great universal solution.

I'd love to see somebody try this unit and review it. Maybe they're improving over time.

I have mine since 1 year now. I had only one issue since then with the aux cable. I replaced it by Xcarlink. Now everything works perfectly. I use Sygic and Spotify everyday. I added a dash and a rear view cam.
Ask me if you need more informations.

Does anyone know what the compatibility issue is with diesel models? Does it affect only the ac or the heating as well? ( I could live without ac with this weather, to be honest)

I have factory satnav in my 2.4 exec. The replacement Android satnavs on eBay/AliExpress only work with non-satnav models as they replace the stock radio.

I'm wondering if it's possible to convert my dash back to non-satnav (excluding radio unit) and placibg one of these 10 inch Android units in it? What would I need to salvage from a donor?

- wiring harness?
- top part of dash?
- compartment below radio?

Just toying with the idea...

You are corret, the wiring harness for the navigation model is different. So it somehow has to be reverted back to non navigation