What's new

Fault codes Accord diesel 2007 - need help understand what they mean/are -

SirHansen

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi

I did change my diesel filter the other day, after I changed this I got the following fault codes.
I have read out the codes by shorting the pin 4 and 9 at the odb connector under the dash.

ABS lamp codes:

6-1
6 2
6 6

Engine lamp codes

12-5
18-3
18-4
18-5

When the car is idling the diesel glow plug icon is blinking, does anybody knows what this means?

I am sorry if these questions has been asked before, I am in a bit hurry since we are going on a vacation trip in a few days.

Thanks!
Marius

Did you use a genuine Honda diesel fuel filter?

The ictdi engine does not like non genuine filters from some reason.
We see it time again - its a very common issue that occurs when using non genuine filters

Hi
Thank you for your reply!

I purcased a Bosh filter,I will se if I can find the name/nr. It was also written Honda on the filter itself. It was a bit smaller than the original one.

I borrowed a ODB reader and the failure codes I get now is PO 183.
This is the same code IDid get by counting the engine light flashes by jumping pin 4-9 at the odb. (18-3)
This error belong to the fuel temp sensor. Is this one located on the top of the diesel fuel filter cartrige? I will take out the filter ***embly tomorrow and check the wires/connectors.
Since I did not have this error code before the change,it may be that the wire og connector are not good.

I wonder if it would be able to use the car with this error? If the ECU blocks the reading from this sensor in the calculations since it is outside its limits?

Check all wiring to make sure something did not get disconnected

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

As other have said, the ONLY diesel filter to use on a MK7 diesel if that's what you have :-

https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/fuel-filter/bosch-0-450-906-442_g9_a0300!450!906!442.html

It's exactly what is in a Honda fuel filter box from the dealers.

Facelift MK8 filter is a different size part number.

I have never come across that code number before, could be faulty fuel sensor, or if your filter is the type with the top and bottom sensor connections, maybe one is not connected properly, and giving the error.

T.J.

Hi All,

Thank for all help.
I did find the error, I am embarred to say that I actual had forgotten to plug in the fuel temp sensor when I reasemblied the fuelfilter cartrige.
It was dark outside when i did the work,but today I did clearly se the mistake I had done..
I was not abke to delete the failure code by start and stopping the car 3 times. I had to delete them by using a odb reader. No the fault codes are all gone

I do read a lot about the stage 2 egr off tuning, are pepole happy with after the tuning? We do have some tuning companoes here i North of Norway,but I am a bit worried if they have the expertice that you have over in the UK.

It's worth investing in a decent code reader, they're not expensive.

Drop me a PM I can supply software only and you can fit your own egr blanking plate. It totally transforms these cars.

Thank for all help.
I did find the error, I am embarred to say that I actual had forgotten to plug in the fuel temp sensor when I reasemblied the fuelfilter cartrige.
It was dark outside when i did the work,but today I did clearly se the mistake I had done..
Thats great news