What's new

Sticking rear caliper, where to get replacement.

gazzarose

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen8 Accord Tourer
Evening gents,

I'm doing some much needed car parts/servicing ordering for our cars. For the wifes MX5 its a simple service kit, but my Accord Tourer Type S idtec needs some brake stuff doing. Following on from my thread about a month ago I'm going to order new discs all round (320mm Mtec drilled on the front, 305 Mtec drilled on the back, I think I'm right with the measurements) with mintex pads, but the rear right caliper sticks occasionally. When I feel it dragging I have been pushing the piston back in with an f-clamp but really need to get it sorted before my 2 weeks off in August when I'll be doing a few miles doing family stuff. I've rebuilt calipers in the past and to be honest its a pain. You take it apart, hoping to change the seals only to find the piston is pitted then have to order one of them so I'm looking to get a replacement. I've found these - https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Honda/Accord/08-/Accord%20Cu3~cw3%202.2%20Diesel%20Sal~estate/Rear%20-%20Brake%20Calipers%20and%20Wheel%20Cylinders/BCA4361 Does anyone know if they look right? If they are then at 76 quid (plus £36 surcharge) then its not much more than the parts to rebuild and I can get it done in a hour or so.

The identifying things on the site are 38mm piston and OE manufacture - Nisshinbo, but I've got no idea if thats right without pulling it to bits.

Any confirmation would be great or any other recommendations.

Thanks

Gareth

I drive a type s.

i had a similar situation earlu this year where the front calipers were seized.

It ended up chewing up onse side of the disc and pad.

I did seek the caliper rebuild route. but that would of meant removing the caliper to be sent off for a refurb to bifg redd co etc

I brought a piston repair kit from fleabay.as i wanted to attempt the fix myself.

In the end when i took the caliper off. the slider pins where not going in and out to smooth.

so i wiped the slider pins down and clean it from any dirt and rust and put some red rubber grease liberally in the slider pins.

job done

same on the other side also

Every Honda I have owned had needed rear calipers.
My 1999 Prelude 2.2vti, 2006 Accord ictdi and my 1999 s2000.

Brakes international is where I got them from and have used them since 2008 untill recently last month where I got a refurbed complete caliper set for my s2000, Awesome service and refunds the surcharge when you return the old ones.
Cant go wrong with them.
Great customer service and always replies to queries over email and phone.

Just looked on brakes internationals site, and thought it looked familiar. Lol. It's the one I've linked to in my original post. I didnt know who they were so at least I now know its a reputable place. I'll have to try and measure the piston on my caliper and check it's the 38mm that brake international are saying.

Thanks for you relies.