What's new

Rear bumper LED reflectors for 7th gen

We were talking about reflectors only last week, and I saw some LED versions on Ebay when I had a poke around.

For handy hints check the last post in this thread.

@Richard B: I am after LED reflectors, not just reflective plastic ones. Found a set, but it's well overpriced at 120usd..

If you hit the ebay link I posted in the last post on that thread, you'll see countless LED reflectors about 100 USD cheaper.

My handy hint was not to search under "Accord" but under "Acura TSX"..

@Richard B: Sorry mate, but there is nothing for CL7/CL9. Could you post a direct link please?

i am looking for this:

www.ratchetracing.com/product-p/cl79crbr.htm

Right I see. The US CL9 was 2003 - 2008 Acura TSX. I'll have a poke around later but surely the price you quoted was way rather high.

I searched for a bit on Ebay and Alibaba and like yourself could not find what you are looking for in the exact shape of CL9 reflector. The the brand you posted does not seem to have any competition, which is reflected in the price.

Cheaper LEDs claiming to fit the CL9 are "universal" in the product details, and will sit over the indent. Some of the LED reflectors sold for 2009-14 are symmetrical and on product photos seem to fit inside the asymmetrical indents for that model. These will likely fit inside the space on the CL9 bumper, and is what I would probably buy.

If you are a hands-on type of person, you could fit a small strip of surface mount LEDs behind your reflectors. IP54 if you glue-seal it, or IP64 if you don't.

The CL9 reflector seems to be also used on similar vintage CRVs and Odysseys.