What's new

Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC

blueagle

Members
Reaction score
Car
GT 2.2 i-CTDI
I'm thinking of selling my partner's Nissan Qashqai +2 and get CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC auto (2016 model). I've read the reviews and they're all very positive. In particular the new auto 9 speed gearbox. It'll be long car in the long run and as I've had Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDI for over 8 years with no issues at all, I would like another honda and a diesel.
Anyone got any personal experience to either suggest or to warn me to stay away from it? :)

I can't comment on the car, but be mindful of the DPF on any modern diesel -your i-CTDI doesn't have one.
If you / your partner do diesel mileage (frequent long runs at speed) and accept the fact sooner or later it'll wear out then don't let it worry you. If you only ever nip to the shops, it might be worth re-considering petrol.

Matt said:
I can't comment on the car, but be mindful of the DPF on any modern diesel -your i-CTDI doesn't have one.
If you / your partner do diesel mileage (frequent long runs at speed) and accept the fact sooner or later it'll wear out then don't let it worry you. If you only ever nip to the shops, it might be worth re-considering petrol.
My daily commute is almost 40 miles with mainly motorway and dual-carriage mileage. I've worked out annual fuel savings would be well over £400 just for my commute so I think diesel makes sense.
Also the 2.0 Vtec is slower than 1.6 diesel and the auto gearbox in petrol is old type (5 speed gearbox vs 9 speed in diesel).