What's new

2 little problems with my 7th gen.

silverVTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG9
I’ve recently acquired a 2.2 ictdi Accord and since my ownership I’ve noticed two problems the first being a noisy power steering pump sounds abit like timing chain rattle but it’s definitely the pump as I can hear it coming from there when engine is running anyone know what the problem is as I havnt heard of these fail? this is my second Ictdi my previous had 270k on original pump. Secondly my accord started making a creaking noise today when parked up as I push down on the front drivers side wing sounds like it’s coming from the brake disk area? Help appreciated thanks.

The creaking noise has got abit worse today when I’m driving low speeds it makes the noise when turning left and right what could cause this? Noise coming from drivers side. Bad track rod end? Ball joint?

Due to no one helping me out on this forum I’ve sorted the problems out myself, even though I work long shifts.... this forum is dead compared to others I’m on.... noise from power steering pump area was a noisy belt, and creaking noise was lower ball joint.

The ball joint usually give other symptoms before creaking, the steering stiffens up and then the balljoint can pop out.
Did you replace it yourself?

Forums aren't Facebook, where everything exists in the moment only and everything is on endless repeat. The value of forums in in trawling past threads to see if your particular situation has been solved before.

Creaking and other noises can be so many things it is difficult to help with that.

Happy to read you got your problem sorted, but why don't you tell us how you ****ysed your noises so we can all learn from your experience.

It was serious. As my ball joint was dangerous especially as I have a baby in the car! Yes I replaced them myself but was asking for people help as I work long shifts and struggle to get the time to work on my cars.. I diagnosed the problem of the ball joint by first putting a long screw driver on it and then got someone to turn the steering wheel al could blatantly hear the creaking noise coming from that area I then got a long pry bar and checked for play in the joint needless to say it was going up and down like a yo-yo! Very dangerous!! Could of went at anytime! Secondly the power steering pump belt went quite temporarily when I applied wd40 to it so that meant I had to replace the belt now the car is quiet as ever.

Its good you got sorted, there have been a few pics of 7th gens with busted balljoints on here, its not pretty and less so at speed!
The aux belt is interesting, I replaced mine and it was a pretty simple job, btw is yours the shorter or longer version? The longer one is supposed to speed up the alternator bearing failing. and the shorter one was a fix by Honda to address it.

Ball joints going is not good had it happen to me on a civic ek luckily I wasn’t going fast! I think mine is a shorter version as mine is a 2008 model one of the last made before the new shape came out