What's new

What do these buttons do?

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
So i've got two buttons next to the parking sensors and traction control buttons that do nothing, i've pressed them, held them in they just seem to have been put in and not actually connected to anything which seems odd, thought normally they would put blank plates in instead of leaving the buttons in

tGKT5JJ.jpg

Top one deactivates your ultrasonic sensor to allow pets to stay in the car for example without triggering the alarm.

Bottom one deactivates the tilt sensor so it won’t set the alarm off if your vehicle detects a tilt movement for any reason.

I see, Are they suppose to give off any indication that they've been pressed? Not like they'll ever be used anyway, just seems whatever way they're pressed I don't get no beep, light, dash warning nothing to tell me something has been engaged/disengaged.

It's more of an OCD annoyance more than anything :D

Are the lights on when you press the buttons?
I have them on the Type-S I just bought they need a slow push not just a tap. then they should light up red.
Try turning the car on, not starting it, then off and then try pressing them.

I'll try after work, but i've tried all sorts (But mostly with the car running) quick tap, long push, held in, nothing pops up or lights up to indicate it's been pushed, i'll try in a few hours with the car not running and see if it does anything.

Update, yeah that worked, engine not running but car switched on the buttons light up red when pressed, my OCD can now breath a huge sigh of relief haha, cheers fellas