What's new

Oil pressure sensor 2009 diesel tourer

N4v

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX
Greetings all. First time post from me so bear with me in case I get it totally wrong.... I signed up last year as was having DPF issues on my 2009 2.2 router however managed to get enough info my reading various posts to make a decision regarding replacement. Quite a few ££ later and around an hour sitting at the local dealer I now no longer have DPF issues! What I do have now is a check system light in the form of an oil can. I plugged in a cheap Bluetooth code reader which throws up error code P250e. A quick search online points towards the oil pressure sensor. I am ok with basic maintenance and am happy to tackle this myself ***uming the sensor may be a screw in type? Would welcome any pointers with regards to where I might find it? Many thanks.

Before throwing money at a new sensor I would advise a diagnostic on a Honda hds or a better diagnostic system. I’ve never seen a sensor fail on one of these cars and it might just be that it was left unplugged or even damaged when other mechanical work was done.. or it might not even be the sensor.

Thanks for the prompt reply Fahad. Not had any work done since the DPF replacement late last year. I must clarify my post above as didn't come across as intended. Check system with oil can came up last weekend sometime; stayed on for a couple of days then went off by itself until presenting itself again last night

Matt said:
Have you checked you've got some oil in?
LINGS doesn't help much with the sender's location https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17TL4901&block_02=E__4400&block_03=949&block_05=hcr and I've just had a look under my bonnet and can't locate it :blush:
Tread carefully, if you've really no oil pressure it'll not take much driving before you have no engine :eek:
All told, I'm not much help sorry :unsure:

Let us know how you get on though...

Matt said:
Have you checked you've got some oil in?
LINGS doesn't help much with the sender's location https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17TL4901&block_02=E__4400&block_03=949&block_05=hcr and I've just had a look under my bonnet and can't locate it :blush:
Tread carefully, if you've really no oil pressure it'll not take much driving before you have no engine :eek:
All told, I'm not much help sorry :unsure:

Let us know how you get on though...
Hi Matt.

Checking oil was first thing I did and all ok on that front. No obvious leaks that are visible also