• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Name:Pete
  • Car :idtec tourer manual
  • LocationWakefield

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:01 PM

Hi all,

I was recomended to get a sticker for my windscreen to show what the emissions were in case i ended up in Paris or Lille when on a visit to France recently.

The cost is minimal (about 4.5 euros) and easy to do on line. When it came it was Yellow with a "2" on it.

During the application some tdetails from the V5 had to be entred, one being the emission rating i.e.euro 4, euro 5 etc.  I thought  that the car was euro 5 spec. but it kept being rejected.

Having read the notes, I had to input the line "type approval number" this started with E6......etc. Do I assume that my 2014 2.2 idtec Tourer is therefore euro 6 compatible?

Following this I put my details into the London "ultra low emission zone" checker, only to be told that my car was not exempt and that I would need to pay the new charge if in the London ULEZ.

Can anybody confirm that my car is euro 6.

Confused,  Pete.

#2 Bounder

Bounder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Name:Huan
  • Car :Accord Type S CW3
  • LocationCo Cork Ireland

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:17 PM

Your car is Euro 5 Euro 6 didn't come into effect until Sept 2014 for new models hence yours (and mine ) are  Euro 5(B) 

#3 TourerFan

TourerFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWakefield

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:08 PM

Hi All,

just been doing some more investigation into Euro 6 emissions and found a table of the max. limits which must not be exceded for the car to be classed as euro 6

Table not to be exceded                                            Honda 2014 idtec (taken from my V5C document)

CO                       0.5                                                     0.249

HC+ NOx              0.17                                                   0.144

PM                       0.005                                                 0.001

It would seem therefore that my car is Euro 6 compliant unless I have missed something, and would welcome any other comments from members, and their figures from their V5C Reg. documents, which support  or negate my findings.

Cheers,  Pete.

#4 Bounder

Bounder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Name:Huan
  • Car :Accord Type S CW3
  • LocationCo Cork Ireland

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

Euro 6 also specifies a Nox of 0.08 which is less than the 0.144 of the N22B engine

Have a read of a technical analysis

https://www.theicct....ing_jun2016.pdf

#5 TourerFan

TourerFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWakefield

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up Bounder,

I had obviously misread the information.

Cheers,  Pete

• Bounder likes this

#6 smokingman

smokingman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Name:John
  • Car :Accord Tourer 2008/9
  • LocationLincoln

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

Hi. All cars are type approved EURO 1-6 etc. While 8th Gen are Euro 5 compliant a individual car may pass some or all of the required EURO 6 spec, but will still be EURO 5 compliant as in the case above.

#7 rhinogolf

rhinogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Name:DAVE EDMONDSON
  • Car :7th&8th gen tourers
  • LocationYork

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:30 PM

R there any accord diesels that are euro 6 my last 3 taxis all accords but new regs state euro6 which I believe is 2016 for diesel

#8 DazTheMe

DazTheMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Name:Darren
  • Car :Accord 2.2i Dtec
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

I believe 2015 was the last year the Accord was brought to the UK/Europe. So I doubt you'll find any 2016 models.

We are getting a Civic Saloon though, maybe something to look in to depending on the size I guess.