Well, the time finally came where I am no longer part of the Honda Accord club, no fault of mine or the car I might add.
My 2005 Diesel Tourer has served me well, racking up over 200000 miles. However, recently my usage of the car has decreased but I decided to I kept the car whilst I wasn't driving it as it was worth it for its reliability and cavernous boot (4 bikes inside for a trip to Center Parcs). It would come in handy every now and then.
Unfortunately in the time that it has been idle for a few months some inconsiderate so-and-so decided to cut out my catalytic converter. This has deemed the car to be beyond economical repair so off it goes.
I just wanted to say a big thanks to this forum and it's members as you have provided me with useful information to help me keep the Accord running over the years where other "experts" couldn't, namely:
- Vibrations around 50 mph (resolved by replacing near side inner axle joint)
- Exhaust fumes in cabin (manifold faulty)
- removal of Nav DVD to clean lens
- resolving repeated limp mode activation by changing fuel filter
- Getting into system diagnostics
- resetting motorised tailgate when it goes t!t$up
I wasn't able to carry out some of the above rectification work, but had enough information from this forum to "direct" the experts to resolve problems which saved time, and money.
Thanks again and I wish you all well!