What's new

Fixing parking sensor error/replacing sensor

gazzarose

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen8 Accord Tourer
Evening guys,

For about a month now my car has been complaining about its parking sensors. If i turn them on and reverse they are fine, but as soon as I put it in 1st it says "Check System". The rears are working as they should so it seems its the front that are playing up. I could be a coincidence, but they only started doing it the days after the first rain we had for weeks so I'm guessing it could be water ingress somewhere. I've found some replacements on ebay but they are all black with no fittings, so I'm guessing the colour coded bit is a separate housing. Do they unclick from the housing so I can use the housing again. My car is a orchid white Type S so not likely to come across a used one in the right colour. AIUI parking sensors work the same as sonars on boats and in work we stick sonar transducers to hulls with some silicone, is it the same sort of deal with these.

Any advice and help would be great. I've tried doing some searches both on here and google and can't seem to find anything to help.

Cheers

Gareth

I bought some on ebay recently (not cheap - new - from Japan) and they come white so need to colour coded in.