What's new

Options for engine clean/remap?

davbar1986

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 sport gt
A few days ago i had the IMRC engine fault appear. Before i could change the IMRC the fault disappeared. Having bought a replacement i changed it.

All is well but on review of the forums I see this fault can be caused by other issues such as soot build up. My 07 cdti had just hit 110k and i think its time to consider engine cleaning options.
Whilst i consider myself handy I dont want to start cleaning EGR's etc and damaging them. I also read something about a blanking plate?? Often ***ociated when doing remaps...

Ive researched what i can and im no wiser.

Options...

Manually clean various targeted areas of the engine by hand (not something im comfortable with)

Consider one of these 'terraclean' style companys to do a forced clean?

Someone mentioned blocking i believe the EGR and remapping (would consider as i wouldnt mind abit more power).

Can someone explain or point me to a thread which does.

Thanks

Terraclean and similar treatments don’t actually get inside the intake where you really need the cleaning.

Stage 1 egr off will most likely solve it, drop me a line if you want pricing.

I think physical removal is the only way to actually clean the intake, if you ever looked inside one you can see what needs to be removed and I doubt any method that doesn't actually have the manifold off will be able to clean it.
I don't know enough about the terraclean process to speak with 100% certainty but going on how mine looked and how much caked on soot and oily dirt was removed I would be highly doubtful.
Industrial ultrasonic would be a good way to clean it if you had it off, a remap and egr would prevent reoccurence.

F6HAD said:
Terraclean and similar treatments don’t actually get inside the intake where you really need the cleaning.

Stage 1 egr off will most likely solve it, drop me a line if you want pricing.
Can highly recommend this!