What's new

Clock Display dim

dejv

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2006 I-CDTI
I have a 7th gen accord diesel and the clock display sometimes is very dim barely visible and sometimes it is working normally, any ideas if this is an easy fix ?

Take the top display unit out of the dash, it just pops up and out with a butter knife or plastic pry tool.
There is a green plug from the LCD to the PCB and the wires can corrode and make a poor connection, you need to clean them with electrical cleaner and possibly resolder them if they are broken.
It sounds complex but is quite an easy fix.

So i have to unsoler all those small pins to remove the display from the board. And then remove the green plastic and resolder the contacts. Then resolder all connections of the display to get everything back as it was ?

dejv said:
So i have to unsoler all those small pins to remove the display from the board. And then remove the green plastic and resolder the contacts. Then resolder all connections of the display to get everything back as it was ?
Yup!

If you stick a small flat blade screwdriver between the green connector and the board and gently lever it then use a larger flat blade to provide more lift the solder joints are accessible and can be resoldered, just go gently and the plastic will lift up on the pins.

Bounder said:
If you stick a small flat blade screwdriver between the green connector and the board and gently lever it then use a larger flat blade to provide more lift the solder joints are accessible and can be resoldered, just go gently and the plastic will lift up on the pins.
Managed to remove just the plastic green connector using a screw driver, soldered two pins as they were loose (not sure if they got loose when trying to remove the connector as it is tight as f***) then got a blowlamp heated a bit the connecor (ges got deformed a bit lol and inserted into its place easily.

Connected everything and for now it is working, hopefully will remain as is as my issue was intermittent.

thanks all for the feedback.