What's new

Camshaft sensor a

Spikey14a

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord tourer
Hi guys

I need some help diagnosing a problem. I need to figure out which camshaft sensor is A is it the front or rear one. The car is a 2003 accord tourer 2.4 petrol.

Many thanks for any help

Never seen a cam sensor go faulty in one of these, it’s always either a stretched timing chain or timing not set correctly.

Thanks f6had

It seems to be intermittent that's why I was hoping it was just the sensor I'll just have to bite the bullet and get the chain checked and maybe changed anyway

What’s the actual error code? Is it an electrical error or a timing correlation error?

Thats a correlation error. Almost definitely stretched timing chain mate. Tensioner is probably knackered.

Thanks was fearing the worst anyway was clutching at straws haha its all booked into be done now not something wonna do on drive in this weather

Many thanks for your help

I am having a similar issue. Started the car in the morning and I got the P0341 code (Camshaft Position sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance (Bank1 or single sensor) come up I drove about a mile and cleared the alarms and it is fine for the rest of the day no issues.
But this only happens in the morning really first start of the day. Then I got another alarm P0420 come up few days later with the P0341 again this is intermittent. I was going to clean up the 02 sensor hopefully this sorts the 420 alarm but lost with the P0341 error I have done regular oil changes and maintence. Dirty sensor? Or time for that timingybelt to be changed? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi
Sorry for late replay. Not really had time to post or test car properly. It was definitely the timing chain causing the codes nothing showing up now it feels like a new car now it cost me 650 all in would have fitted all myself but with no garage didnt fancy doing in this weather

You’re lucky the timing wasn’t out enough to damage the engine mate. Glad it’s fixed and that’s not a crazy price either.

I didnt think was to bad by all accounts all the bolts where ceased so wouldve been a few words by me lol and thank god it wasnt dead motor yhanks for ya help too

Nice one glad it went well! I have mine booked in aswell next week now for a timing chain & water pump at the same time.