What's new

Low revs

arturbury

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 59 2.2d auto
Hi all,

I need bit of advise on something. Few days ago I noticed that when I stop the car (when engine is on) revs goes bit too low, car start to shake and I feel engine moving. When I drive everything seems to be perfect, when I stop the car I feel nothing bad but only for about 10sec. Then revs goes down and car shakes again.

I noticed that 800rpm is ok but it goes down to 750 in few sec and all starts again...

Any advise please?

Revs ok

Revs too low

Thanks

This might sound dumb, but if the aircon is set to auto, or not manually turned off, when the compressor kicks in it can drop the revs slightly causing a slightly more noticeable vibration than normal. So if you're using the windscreen de-mist it will automatically turn on the aircon compressor aswell. Turn the car on with the window down and flick the aircon button on and off, see if that replicated the symptoms you're having.

Other things maybe idle control valve or maf sensor?

Does it only do this in Drive or while in neutral too?

Thanks for tip Daz but I don’t use ac since last hot day came to the end.

It does it always when I stop. On drive, park... with ac on/off.

Strange cause it’s only 50rpm difference or even less than that. It goes down and stays stable in the same place till I accelerate and stop again...

Car has only 70k m on a clock.

Hello,

I would be very intress to known if this problem has been never solved?

Having totally same issues in my Honda Accord 2,2 i-dtec automatic, year model 2011, about 187000km on meter.

Cheers!