What's new

"Limp Mode" after air filter change.

JD68

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord tourer
Hi, advice if possible please.

I changed the air filter yesterday (Bosch) and now the car has gone into a kind of limp mode a couple of times.

No lights have come on but there's very little power and it won't rev. Turn off the engine and start again and it's fine.

I might have caused this myself because after I took the air filter out to look at the condition of it I drove to the parts place without the filter in. 3 mile drive, 10 minutes tops.

Have I confused the air flow meter and require a diagnostic check/fault code clear?

I know it wasn't the best idea so don't need telling.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

You sure you haven’t sucked some debris into your intake? Is the filter fitted correctly and air box and pipes secure? Likely to be something simple mate so just check over it carefully. If you have no diagnostic light on then it’s not limp mode yet.

F6HAD said:
You sure you haven’t sucked some debris into your intake? Is the filter fitted correctly and air box and pipes secure? Likely to be something simple mate so just check over it carefully. If you have no diagnostic light on then it’s not limp mode yet.

Thanks, I'll double check it tomorrow but it seemed to fit straight in and the cover went straight back on flush.

I'll post the result. Thanks again.

Well I took the filter out and made is was seated correctly. Checked the inside grille for debris (none) and screwed the airbix back together and it's been fine.

Done 4 or 5 journeys in it without an issue so hopefully that's it sorted.

Thanks for the help

Always something simple, you must have left a pipe loose

diagnostic to check code would have given you an idea to which pipe or connection was loose os disconnected