What's new

A tale of a roof-rail

tunstall

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
I recently lost the front driver-side cover of the roof-rail on my Accord Tourer. At the time I had roof bars on the roof rails as I was transporting two 4 metre lengths of timber. The cover had come loose a few months earlier and I had super-glued it back on. I ***ume the roof bar, plus the load of timber, dislodged the cover and it flew off somewhere between the timber yard and home. I had a look on the internet, and specifically the Lings Honda parts site and ordered the cover from my local Honda dealer - Holdcroft Honda in Stoke on Trent. While Holdcroft Honda had the build spec of my Tourer it wasn't originally supplied with the roof rails so it was uncertain which was the correct part. I decided to take a chance and the part was duly ordered and delivered a few days later. Unfortunately it was the wrong part - too long (330 mm). At nearly £80.00 and non-returnable (although Holdcroft did give me 10% off when I mentioned the TypeAccord site) it was an expensive error. A more detailed search on the internet, plus ***istance from Richard in the parts department at Holdcroft Honda, and I came up with the correct part - and at approx 260 mm it was the same as the missing cover and a great deal cheaper at £24.00. Again this was ordered and delivered and fitted.
The lesson I've learned is to be less hasty in ordering a part - next time I need a part I will be more thorough.

Richard at Holdcroft Honda was very helpful - giving me 10% discount on the parts - it's obviously worth mentioning the TypeAccord site, plus sending both parts out to me by UPS - with post and packing free.

Meanwhile I have a brand new and genuine front driver-side roof-rail cover for I ***ume, an 8th generation Honda Accord Tourer - mine is 7th generation. It's a bargain at £50.00 plus P&P if anyone needs one!

the old rule of haste is waste applies here glad all sorted