What's new

Fitting Double din into CU3 Accord

davidmspicer

Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord 2.2
Hi all.

Bought myself an Xtrons android double din head unit and fascia today. Hunted online to try and find the correct iso lead to suit my plugs but no joy. Mine has premium system with Nav.

Has anyone successfully fitted one of these android units into there accord, were you able to buy an iso lead to suit or do I need to cut off the plug and wire it all individually?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks

David

some pics may help

hi David, did you manage to get this installed and working in your Accord with Premium sound and sat nav?

I'm going to attempt same on my Accord EX 2007 with Premium and SatNav. strangely there isn't much resource out there to guide.

From what I have read on a now defunct Honda website fitting similar into an Accord fitted with Premium audio can be very problematical as far as wiring harnesses are concerned, as there is a separate amp in the boot area, and the speakers are of a different impedance to normal speakers.

But that is not to say it's not doable just not a straight swap.

yes, indeed, usually from aliexpress or other suppliers those two din android kits does not fit diesels with premium audio system and nav.
Those androids logically should be fittet with less powerfull and or featureless systems, like not accords with executives trim specs. :)

as i reviewd few android models in aliexpress, everyone specicifies that it only works in cu1/2 or cw1/2, but not cw3 or cu3 (diesels)

This works for me (I installed android unit); https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004579678838.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6ad11802iPJTJ7
Displays A/C info and open doors, steering wheel commands work.

I have diesel with navi and premium sound systenm (6CD changer unit). I believe the not-working-on-diesel-models was only on 7gen accords.

Unfortunately factory mic, GPS antenna and backup camera are not connected to unit, as it has RCA connections.

If somebody can provide diagram or pinout of car connectors it would be much appreciated. Does the US version of accord use same parts for navi?

This works for me (I installed android unit); https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004579678838.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6ad11802iPJTJ7
Displays A/C info and open doors, steering wheel commands work.

I have diesel with navi and premium sound systenm (6CD changer unit). I believe the not-working-on-diesel-models was only on 7gen accords.

Unfortunately factory mic, GPS antenna and backup camera are not connected to unit, as it has RCA connections.

If somebody can provide diagram or pinout of car connectors it would be much appreciated. Does the US version of accord use same parts for navi?
Hey
Can you say what radio unit do you have and if you have the premium sound system, that is 10 speakers ( thats how many i have , center , woofer, front and rear, back in the trunk and twiters ) and all of the speakers work inclunding the center and woofer adjust?

I also have premium system with subwoofer, central speaker etc. But because of buit-in amplifier only aux out (non amplified) signal from headunit is used and controls are limited to L/R levels only. My android unit has 31band EQ, so frequency response of system can be adjusted quite good.
Units have seperate lo-level outputs for front, rear and sub, but I dont bother to modify the wiring (I am an electrician and have worked as sound tech, but just dont care really to figure out the car wiring... Maybe if I found the scheme of car wiring somewhere).

My headunit is somewhat generic aliexpres android 10/11 radio, all newer units have the same connectors at the back.
radio-wiring.JPG
Only downside is that when A/C is put into AUTO mode the temperature display always shows "LO", but that can be the fault of headunit and not the canbox... I solve it to set temperature before turning on AUTO function.

Last edited: