• TA Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Name:m
  • Car :8th Gen IDTEC Saloon
  • LocationEnfield

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Afternoon all

Just carried out a quick vehicle check on the ULEZ - seems like the 8th Gen accord is not compliant and subject to the £12 a day charge starting from April 2019.  Am I right in saying this includes the A406 as its not that clear on the TFL site.

Anyone checked theirs??

https://tfl.gov.uk/m...rm-checker-ulez

#2 Ned

Ned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Name:Ned
  • Car :05 Accord estate
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for the link. Just checked mine and it's not subjected to the charge which is strange as it's older than yours ( 7th Gen )

I wonder if the mayor of london would keep imposing charges if every town adopted the attitude " You're charging  us to go in your town so we are going to charge you if you come in our town " ?

Edited by Ned, 12 January 2019 - 12:18 AM.

#3 saj

saj

Advanced Member

• TA Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • LocationEnfield

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:01 AM

Is yours a 7th gen diesel Ned? Just checked with reg of our old 7th gen diesel which we had before and that is subject to the charge. My current 8th gen diesel is also chargeable

#4 edgeoftime

edgeoftime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • Name:John Hamer
  • Car :11 idtec tourer ex.
  • LocationWaltham Abbey Essex

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Just checked mine, it's an 8th auto tourer, and will be charged if I go into the zone, cannot see how a 7th gen can get exempted. Unless you have removed the engine. Re the 406 up to but not inside, crazy or what??? and some people still want to go Labour, got to be mad.

Like you saj just checked my old 7th tourer diesel and that too is in the frame.

https://tfl.gov.uk/m...en?intcmp=54312

Edited by edgeoftime, 12 January 2019 - 06:47 PM.

#5 Ned

Ned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

Just checked mine, it's an 8th auto tourer, and will be charged if I go into the zone, cannot see how a 7th gen can get exempted. Unless you have removed the engine. 

Like you saj just checked my old 7th tourer diesel and that too is in the frame.

My one is petrol powered   B)  So it would seem petrol motors are exempt, diesel motors aren't.

Edited by Ned, 12 January 2019 - 11:07 PM.

#6 edgeoftime

edgeoftime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

Just checked mine, it's an 8th auto tourer, and will be charged if I go into the zone, cannot see how a 7th gen can get exempted. Unless you have removed the engine. 

My one is petrol powered   B)  So it would seem petrol motors are exempt, diesel motors aren't.

It should have been made clear then?? you are as bad as them??

Like saying my diesel is not affected, I go to work on a pedal cycle!!!

Edited by edgeoftime, 13 January 2019 - 10:32 AM.

#7 Ned

Ned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

It should have been made clear then?? you are as bad as them??

It's clearly obvious saj saw a possible reason why my car could be exempt  when he asked if it was a diesel.

You didn't make it clear yours was diesel when you said  - "Just checked mine, it's an 8th auto tourer, and will be charged if I go into the zone"  !

​What you have made quite clear is you can't handle getting the response your sarcastic comments deserve. 

#8 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,865 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car :2003 Accord CM2
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

To sum up the above comments, it would appear diesel accords are charged, petrols are exempt. I just checked my petrol, it's exempt.

It's not overly clear, but from looking at the website, my interpretation is that I don't think it includes the 406.

Let's keep it on topic, yeah 🙂.

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#9 saj

saj

Advanced Member

• TA Friends
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • LocationEnfield

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

No worries chaps. Chill

#10 edgeoftime

edgeoftime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

It's clearly obvious saj saw a possible reason why my car could be exempt  when he asked if it was a diesel.

You didn't make it clear yours was diesel when you said  - "Just checked mine, it's an 8th auto tourer, and will be charged if I go into the zone"  !

​What you have made quite clear is you can't handle getting the response your sarcastic comments deserve. 

Take a look at my avatar, cannot make it any clearer?? fill yours in then we all will know.

#11 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,865 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car :2003 Accord CM2
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

Avatars aren't always clear on mobiles, especially if you're viewing in browser as apposed to the tapa talk app. So perhaps there in lies the misunderstanding.

Let's move on to more positive on-topic discussion.

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#12 accord_n22

accord_n22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Car :Honda Accord I-CTDI
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

It is an outrage that they have done this.

I heard one of the reasons for this charge was because of the additional Heathrow runway and reducing the poluttion due to this.

Any petrol car which is 2001 or newer and euro 4 compliant will not be subject to the ULEZ charge.

A diesel need to be at least 3 year old or newer and euro 6 compliant.

My brothers 2002 Honda Jazz is compliant aswell as a Honda s2000. 

Most 2001+Honda petrol's are euro 4 compliant, which goes to show how advanced Honda was back in the day with their clean emissions.

Lucky I dont commute within the north/south circ so my 7th gen diesel should have alittle more life left in it.

As far as i am aware, you wont be charged actually using the A406 itself (north/south Circ), if you venture inside it then you will.

I believe this type of charge will be spread across the country very soon after 2021. London will be the first to adopt this type of charge.

Edited by accord_n22, 15 January 2019 - 08:27 PM.

#13 Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car :Accord 7 Estate 2005
  • LocationKT8 Postcode

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

Looking at the TFL site the A406, and I assume A205 perimeter will only come into force in 2021, for this year the existing Congestion charge (which is somewhat smaller to the west courtesy of Boris) is where no Accord 7s or 8 diesels can roam without paying, in general Westminster and the city of London

Again on the blurb the vehicle types that are exempt include a reference to motorcycles, having put a couple of reg plates into the mix, the results are certainly not what the DVLA has on their records, with one that is on the road seemingly not traceable by Mr Khans staff.

I might put one of the old two stroke engines into a modern chassis, see how he likes the smell of Castrol R in the morning.

#14 smokingman

smokingman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Name:John
  • Car :Accord Tourer 2008/9
  • LocationLincoln

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:16 PM

Just don't go to London!!!!!

#15 Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKT8 Postcode

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:16 PM

Canada and the fake news being construed as the truth

https://mobile.twitt...627411695681537

Perhaps the media reports of asthma attacks / deaths nearer to home should be subject to a bit of scrutiny

#16 antdad

antdad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car :Tourer i-cdti 07
  • LocationHeathrow

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

I heard one of the reasons for this charge was because of the additional Heathrow runway and reducing the poluttion due to this.

Any petrol car which is 2001 or newer and euro 4 compliant will not be subject to the ULEZ charge.

A diesel need to be at least 3 year old or newer and euro 6 compliant.

My brothers 2002 Honda Jazz is compliant aswell as a Honda s2000. 

Most 2001+Honda petrol's are euro 4 compliant, which goes to show how advanced Honda was back in the day with their clean emissions.

Lucky I dont commute within the north/south circ so my 7th gen diesel should have alittle more life left in it.

As far as i am aware, you wont be charged actually using the A406 itself (north/south Circ), if you venture inside it then you will.

I believe this type of charge will be spread across the country very soon after 2021. London will be the first to adopt this type of charge.

I have a diesel but the evidence is clear, diesel particulates are extremely hazardous.

I'm actually more bothered about the apparent unfairness of the scheme as the 20,000 or so  black cabs have a pass/extended permission to use very old vehicles in the ULEZ whereas your average joe or business that may have invested in a Euro 5 compliant vehicle or fleet  that's only a few years old has to get rid as well as taking a massive hit. 

#17 Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKT8 Postcode

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

You didn't really believe the ULEZ charge is being deployed to clear up London's air did you ?

#18 Sichedelic

Sichedelic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Car :Accord 2.2ctdi
  • LocationSouth london

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

I cant avoid the ulez when they roll it out to the south circular. I thought it was October 2020
I have bought a type s 7th gen 2.4 instead of an identical 7th gen 2.2 diesel.
Cant see how thos moves the environmental issues forward.
Once I have reflashed it I will.have a much less economical car.
Allegedly London's air quality is better than it has ever been, not the impression I am given by the message

#19 Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKT8 Postcode

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

Heathrow is quite a few miles outside the current and proposed ULEZ zones, but I'd like to see the direct link between money from the motorist and an improvement in air quality by putting a politician in between the two.

Mayor Khan has recently confirmed he is now using personal security after - claiming to receive- threats to his wellbeing, the money for this has come from somewhere.

https://www.theguard...epeated-threats

#20 Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKT8 Postcode

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

Confirmation within the article of the profitability of the charge