What's new

2014 2.2 idtec EX Tourer

Petercarman

Members
Reaction score
Car
idtec tourer manual
Hi all,
i am thinking of buying a new car and would like some advice as to what you all think my car is worth?

I bought it in November 2016 with 94000 miles on the clock and full Honda Sevice History, and since then I have looked after and seviced the car myself. There is a fully documented sevice history in my ownership with paperwork as proof. The engine oil has been replaced every 7500 miles and I have replaced the front and rear pads, and serpent drive belt as required along with a gear box oil change. It requires less than 0.5 litre of fully synthetic engine oil between oil changes

The car is Cosmos Blue, with a few minor imperfections to the bodywork which came with the car. The tyres are getting towards the end of their life with about 3mm of tread, but have worn very evenly, the ones on the front have covered 34,000 miles and the rear ones 29,000 miles (they have been changed over front to rear at least once).

The mileage now stands at 131,500 miles, with the car running very well and and the fuel averaging over 50.5 mpg during the whole of my ownership.

I would have liked another 2.2 idtec, but as you will be aware they are no longer available in this country so I have been considering a Volvo V60

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any coments will be most welcome.

Cheers, Pete.

How on earth do you manage to get an average of over 50.5? My 2.2 es gt idtec manual only makes @40 mpg if I drive it like a saint which is not often.

As for price, seen one with less milage for @ £8k

Hi stellamon,

Thanks for your reply regarding the price, I was thinking of circa £6.5k.

To get good mpg, first make sure your tyre pressures are o.k, I run mine at 2.5 bar.

The other thing I would check are the rear brakes. The rear pads are often a tight fit in the calipers and do not release properly. I have shaved a couple of millimeters of the steel backing plates on each edge and then used copperease grease. This ensures the pads do not stick on.

Lastly I find it is not how quick you drive, but little you apply the brakes. I try to keep the momentum going.

Cheers, Pete.

TourerFan said:
Lastly I find it is not how quick you drive, but little you apply the brakes. I try to keep the momentum going.
This is my philosophy too. Keep a long gap to the car in front, and don't boot it unless you need to. I rarely get less than 50mpg

I appreciate the pointers, did the tyres the other day to 34psi. Maybe I'll squeeze another couple in.
Unfortunately, living in the sticks I have to contend with many narrow roads with passing points so I'm always stop/starting. I also struggle to
Reach the higher gears, don't do many miles on the main road.

Have you given this a try? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-valuation