What's new

battery light on

Dumbo999

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 icdti tourer
My appolagises if there is already a thread about this, but i couldnt find what i am requiring.
ok heres what has happened :
i have changes the alternator to a new one where before shipment it was fully factory tested so i know its fine.
new drivebelt fitted.
after all of that the light still stayed on, i put a multimeter test on battery and 12.5v reading i tested the rear of the new alternator and 12.5v reading. i tested the black and yellow wire in the block connecting to the alternator ( with ingnition 12v) ( with ignition off 0.00v).
there is a blue and white wire (with ingnition on 10.9v) (with ignition off after 30 secs 0.00 but does take 30 secs for reading to go to 0)
I put a direct feed to the black and yelow wire and mad no differance to my problem. I put a direct feed to the blue and white wire and i get 14.3v to start ( battery light off) but the voltage keeps climbing after it reached 15v i took the direct feed off.
on my dashboard i then had bettery light back on and error code directing me to high voltage on charging system.

So now im baffled on what else could be wrong whare does this blue and white wire goto as i have no diagrams or manual to refer to

could people please help me on what is wrong and what could be the problems also locations of said

thankyou

Put your meter on the pos and neg post's of the battery, should be reading about 12.5v then with engine running should be about 14.5v?

Already did that and said I'm only getting 12.5v reading with and without engine running.
That's why I'm stumped after doing the rest of what i said earlier

Dumbo999 said:
Already did that and said I'm only getting 12.5v reading with and without engine running.
That's why I'm stumped after doing the rest of what i said earlier
Sorry for the confusion, if it were mine I would send it back.

Got a similar problem on my 04 diesel tourer

Brand new alternator starts fine, charges battery , battery dash light goes out intermittant on off thereafter dependent on eletrical load, ie heater or lights etc when load taken away module adjusts again light returns, then off again.

Fault :- ELD module Electronic Load Detector BUILT INTO the fusebox is faulty, (Smart charger) no replacement part for diesel engine variant, not a plug in part, like a relay.

TSB for petrol versions of Accord and others Civic etc,

Cause internal dry solder joint ( on petrol version will give error code P1298 I would expect it to be the same on diesel version, but mine is not recording it ,but the symptoms and effect are identical.

This is how easy it should be :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYVWmQE5tDk

Hondas solution for diesel owners , replace fusebox as module is not replaceable in diesel version .

So replacement fusebox only remedy (don't even ask about the price of a new one )

On readings at tickover:-

Honda Smart charging does not give over battery voltage on tickover, but does when revs increased or powered items activated on the system introducing electrical load when the output is determined and adjusted via the ECU , which regulates output.

I have a P2004 code with mine as well, so a double bubble of grief for me as the freq solenoid is caputt as well.

This is the shape of the fusebox in my DIESEL 2004 Accord to illustrate where the component is only, the video below is for a petrol version but the fusebox layout similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_z2OjL7e4

I asked Honda yesterday if the module from the other car models would fit but as to be expected the reply was if its not designed specifically for my car it should not be fitted, nor guaranteed to work they do sell the module seperately, for the other vehicles but the fitment is different.

T.J.

P.S.

Anyone on here selling either of these items USED please:-

Diesel under bonnet fuse box for mk72.2 na22a1 04 - 08 Accord tourer,

inlet manifold frequncey solenoid later REVISED part no 36190-RBD-E02 prefered.
Cheers
T.J.

Thank you for clear response thought it would be a ELD as other forums say the same thing.
Did also see the video on stripping the fuse box down to change one but think it was US so no one in the UK has done it
Oh and yea fuse box price fell over with the price even second hand.
Might have to think of selling it

Just to update this fault, I changed the fusebox for a used unit, also the inrc solenoid, but the intermittent battery fault remained.

After a boatload of further checks ,it appears the alternator clutch pulley is faulty on the new one I bought, so remember just because something is new, does not mean it's not faulty.

Hoping a new pulley clutch cures it, when I get time to sort it.

T.J.

I’m sure I suggested your clutch pulley already in another thread.. glad you’ve got to the bottom of it