What's new

Change / Replace / Clean DPF

NugentS

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2 EX
Guys,

Just for the record I do not (at this point in time) have a DPF problem. I do however expect one at some point as I am doing low mileage at the moment

What is involved in a DPF renewal process. By renewal I mean either a replacement or a removal, deep clean and replacement. I do not mean injection of snakeoil

I ***ume that in addition to the above some things have to be reset / changed / adjusted to tell the car the DPF is "New"
I also ***ume that things like the turbo and EGR should also be looked at at the same time, in case they are all gunked up

Things I am looking at understanding:
Anything that needs to be reset in the ECU via some method
Any sensors need replacing

Regards

Sean

If you replace you need to have the adaptation data cleared via a Honda dealer system to tell the brain that it now has to re learn from a zero baseline. Otherwise you could end up prematurely killing your new dpf. Make sure if you do replace, you do it with a new genuine Honda item. I had a customer just last week who wasted the best part of £1300+ on having his egr unnecessarily cleaned and a blueprint dpf fitted only to be left with the car back in limp mode 2 days later. He’s currently fighting to get some money back from the company in Swindon who don’t want to know.

F6HAD said:
If you replace you need to have the adaptation data cleared via a Honda dealer system to tell the brain that it now has to re learn from a zero baseline. Otherwise you could end up prematurely killing your new dpf. Make sure if you do replace, you do it with a new genuine Honda item. I had a customer just last week who wasted the best part of £1300+ on having his egr unnecessarily cleaned and a blueprint dpf fitted only to be left with the car back in limp mode 2 days later. He’s currently fighting to get some money back from the company in Swindon who don’t want to know.
F6HAD, you mention replace in your message there. Is this the same if the DPF is cleaned (properly) and then put back. I would ***ume yes - but am just checking

Sean

Yep Sean, requires full reset of adaptation data.

On vaguely the same subject - does anyone know a cheap and simple method of measuring the soot levels in the DPF.
Something that plugs into the OBD2 port and lets me read the value.
I am working on something, but it doesn't seem to know about the idtec engine - which may be a problem

Does anyone do anything like this - if so how?

Sean

The 'soot' level is determined partly by the pressure differential across the DPF but I'm sure there are lots of other factors as the ECU monitors the type of driving and estimates the soot level.