What's new

S type tourer major service /clutch?/reflash

Sichedelic

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2ctdi
Hi everyone.
I have bought an 04 s type tourer that needs some TLC.
170k no service history.
I plan to fix the problems then remap/reflash.
It doesn't appear to burn any oil and sounds good apart from the clicking injectors the clutch feels really short and highnot a good sign.
It was meant to have had a new clutch but I think I was done
I know it needs a new exhaust which I am about to sort out
I took the undertray off and have discovered that the sump Pan is really rusty so I gave it a rub on the corner and the oil started coming out hahaha
So I need to replace the sump which doesn't look too difficult can anyone advise

I really like the Mark 7 I've had three of the diesels now although the engines give me grief the problem is the Mayor of London has banned my car from the ulez Zone so the 2.4 petrol is ulez compliant plus I can remap and it should be quite good fun

I am going to have a go at the idle air control valve as it does not tick over very well the choke stays on for quite awhile is this normal
I guess I should replace the drive belt
And give it a good service can anyone suggest what sort of items I should do plugs gearbox oil any advice will be good

I would first read the diagnostics and fault history, either from the OBDII port, or - cheaper - from the dashboard.

That will provide you some history of the car unless they were cleared by the previous owner.

You mention a choke, though I've never found my touer idles differently when cold or hot, it always hangs around the 800 rpm spot.

Check all fluid levels (including the steering and brakes), and have a good look at how clean the containers are, it is quite easy to put the wrong stuff in the wrong hole, especially when getting rid of a car.

Rear nearside brake trouble is common, but I suppose you already know that.