What's new

Battery dying after a few months

Abid

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord mk7 & mk8 2.0
Hi all, couldn’t find much on the forum regarding this but basically my new battery keeps dying after around 5 months each time, iv gone through 2 exide ones and 2 Bosch ones, so I think it could be somthing else draining it, it normally use to happen in the cold when the car starts feeling sluggish to start then eventually after a few days car won’t start battery completely dies, was just wondering if anyone else has the same kind of problem

Could be the alternator at fault, you'll need a meter to check it

Most likely you have a faulty Bluetooth module. They cause a parasitic battery drain. Unplug it and see if it cures the problem.

Another thing you can do is connect a "battery maintainer", a mains powered trickle charger that only kicks in when the battery isn't full, when you park it overnight. Doesn't solve the problem, but keeps you going while you sort it out.

They do cause slightly more white powdery sulfation on the battery terminals.

Thanks guys, actually just found a few threads regarding the Bluetooth module, so have disconnected mine and will see how I get on

Hi, not sure if you found the problem or not.
I had the same issue, battery would be flat if i left the car unused for a couple of days.
I went to 4 garages ( including 2 Honda ) and they all wanted me to change the battery ( which was 6 months old ). One garage even told me to change the ECU...
So after a bit of research and a multimeter i found that it was a faulty air conditioning relay ( costs roughly 20 euros ).
Everything has been fine since.
Hope it helps anybody else with the problem

There was a device called a battery buddy , that would stop any discharge on the battery circuit it fits in series with your battery post , its been a while since I have worked on cars , I hope this device is still on the go .