What's new

vsa/abs lights on

longshanks1

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord icdti
I know this is a problem with the 7th gen cdti , i was in slow traffic and my vsa/abs lights came on , i cant get a reading with obd2 reader , i know that the obd2 socket can be bridged out , but i dont know the configuration of the socket or which terminals to bridge out , i also need to know what the codes are , suspecting the expensive unit , could you tell me if mine is defective , who repairs them .

Are you also getting the handbrake light? Mine turned out to be a faulty sensor, and was replaced for under £100 iirc

From another post:

1) Jump pins 4 and 9. (I removed obd socket by squeezing the bottom of the plug to remove it from its metal bracket, turned the obd connector around and put a paperclip in the 4th pin (black wire) and the 9th at the bottom (brown wire) )
2) Press and hold the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.
3) Wait for the ABS light to turn off and then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
4) Wait for the ABS light to turn on, then press and hold the brake pedal again.
5) ABS light should turn off, then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
6) Wait for two flashes of ABS light. If it flashes it means that errors are erased.

Check the errors (with the pins jumped) - just turn the ignition on, if ABS light does not flash, no errors are in memory.

If your vsa indicator light (triangle with exclamation point is on) and after you drive a distance the icon that reads "VSA" illuminates, try this:

VSA neutral position setting

Do not touch the brake pedal anymore.

1) Jump pin 9 (brown wire) to chassis ground (I have used a bolt on a door hinge, some people say they just left pins 4 & 9 jumped and it worked, I used a paperclip and wire to make it reach the door bolt).
2) Turn the ignition on, after ABS light turns off, quickly press the "VSA off" button.
3) After ABS light turns on again, quickly press the "VSA off" button.
4) Now should be a lot of different blinks and flashes and all lights ABS, VSA and triangle should turn off. The problem's solved.

You may have to try a few attempts, think I got it the third time round

I had a couple of VSA faults over the years. Albeit, my car is a 2.4 Type S so different unit (I think the diesels use Bosch?). I replaced it completely using BBA Reman. Replacement unit was £300 with a lifetime warranty. In the end I discovered that wheel sensors were to blame for one fault and the crank sensor for the other. I replaced the main unit for nothing.

In my case the ABS went off first triggering the VSA fault. The second time the Traction Control light came on triggering the VSA fault.

Replaced both faulty sensors and also a brand new timing chain and tensioner while I was at it.

You live and learn.

Sorry if i hadnt replied to anyone on my VSA problem , unfortunately I have had two long spells in Jimmies , anyway I have bought a icarsoft test meter , but again don't know when I will test it as I have now got my legs in bandages and cant do anything .

You should still be able to drive the car in bandages.

Who fitted the Goodyear tyres if not you and did they dynamically balance the wheels before refitting ?